Help

Substitute Teachers

What keeps me going...

>

subcat

What keeps me going...
Old 11-18-2009, 06:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am so thankful that we have a place like this forum where subs can come and vent (whether it be good or bad). I have definitely had my share of days where I consider quitting but I truly believe those days have helped me and have made me stronger.

I just wanted to share a few quotes that I have come across in some of the classrooms I've been in:

"Your students may not remember what you taught them, but they will remember forever the way you made them feel".

"One hundred years from now it won't matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank, nor what my clothes looked like...BUT the world may be a little better because, I was important in the life of a child".

Please feel free to add any yourself! Keep up the great work everyone.

-subcat-

subcat is offline   Reply With Quote

subczy

subczy

oh yeah...
Old 11-18-2009, 08:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

what keeps ME going...payck's.

As for bad days...sometimes I just repeat the mantra - learn and go on. I TRY to review what I can do different to make a certain situationb e better next time. I try to. Sometimes I just try to block the day from my memory.

Smiling Sub

What keeps me going...
Old 11-19-2009, 10:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I love the two quotes that you posted, subcat They are very inspirational!

A few things that keep me coming back for more

- The pictures that I get from the kids make me remember why I became a teacher. I may not truly love subbing but I love working with the kids, and they are what this is really about.
- the kids who remember me and say "hi!" or hug me or ask "Are you going to be with our class today?"... Warms my heart

Some days it is really hard to keep going, but I keep telling myself that one day I will have my own classroom and will have a ton of experience because of being a substitute
Smiling Sub is offline   Reply With Quote