What is this about? (coincidence or conspiracy?) - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

The Job Search

What is this about? (coincidence or conspiracy?)

>

ChuckieBoy

What is this about? (coincidence or conspiracy?)
Old 08-21-2018, 08:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Previously I had interviewed twice for two different jobs at a school district in the county I lived in. The new HR director was somebody I had known when he was a principal and I used to be a substitute teacher in his building. During the first interview this HR director said he would be walking in and out of my interview with the principals and directors at the school I had applied to. He also told me not to pay attention. I found it kind of strange. After they had finished asking me questions in which I thought I had answered everything in a satisfactory manner. Then I was only allowed to ask one question because afterwards, he interrupted my interview and told me that we have to stop because he said there were other interviewers ahead of me. I didn't get the first job needless to say.

The second time I applied for another position, I was provided an opportunity to do a demo lesson. I asked the HR director would I be provided technology for my presentation. It turned out to be a lie. My demo turned out to be not up to par in my opinion. Had I had the technology necessarily for my presentation, it would've went good. I didn't get hired for that position but was offered a building sub position which I reluctantly took eventhough I had 3 years of in class experience.

When I explained this situation to a few of my previous colleagues that know him, every single one of them said he was a snake and he's not to be trusted. When I subbed in his building when he was a principal, he was very good to me personally. So I don't understand what happened.

ChuckieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

twin2

Old 08-21-2018, 03:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I wonder if the lack of technology promised was a test to see if you could pull the lesson together under such circumstances?
twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote