Help

The Job Search

Urgent job help

>

krattan

Urgent job help
Old 09-08-2018, 06:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello I posted this somewhere else- I'm hoping someone can respond here.

I have interviewed with many schools and I have yet to sign a contract.
Today a principal called and said - hey i'm interested in you and would love to move forward. He told me that HR would call.
HR was like - so- we don't have all your references and we need a supervisor. I was like ok - and then they were like we need your last principal.
Now my last principal and I didn't see eye to eye by the end of the year. I have lost two other major jobs in the districts AROUND me, because of her. I DO NOT WANT OT USE THIS WOMAN AS A REFERENCE - but I HAVE no other choice.
What do I say to her in an email? Should I email her? Can the district turn me down because of this 'bad' reference?

krattan is offline   Reply With Quote

Leestiv

Leestiv

Same Experience
Old 09-09-2018, 10:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am having the same trouble. My last principal was bad mouthing me. I sought a reference checking service. I am now applying for jobs, but I leave him off my applications. That principal's school is still on my resume though. I sub now so I list these school districts as experience. If is difficult to find a teaching job now where I am. I might have to move. I am looking for part-time jobs outside of education to make ends meet. I will stay in education and sub for a day a week to contribute to retirement. Maybe you could sub your way into a full-time position. Much luck to you.

basketball777

Old 10-04-2018, 12:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Same experience as Both of you & im jobless 18 interviews later! So frustrating, sigh
basketball777 is offline   Reply With Quote