Help

The VENT

Might be over-Update

>

newbie17

Might be over-Update
Old 02-01-2019, 11:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that commented on my last post. I was definitely in a very bad place but things have somewhat improved in the last several weeks.

I did decide to get on medication and that has helped significantly. I've also let my P and sped supervisor know how bad things were and they're doing what they can to help.

That being said there are still struggles. I've gotten 5 new students since my last post and I'm now at my maximum caseload. I have two students that require 1 on 1 aides. One of those students is in the top 5 hardest cases we have in the district, so things still aren't great but they are better. I still deal with significant pressure but I've looked into time off and have a plan in place if I'm feeling overwhelmed again. So once again, thank you to everyone who gave me advice!

newbie17 is offline   Reply With Quote

sportsmom88

Old 02-02-2019, 06:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am glad you are feeling better and have a plan in case you need to destress.
sportsmom88 is offline   Reply With Quote

TAOEP

Old 02-02-2019, 01:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

So good to hear that you are feeling less overwhelmed and have plans in place. Hurray you!

With having a full caseload, does that mean that there's no chance of getting a new student added (at least unless someone moves)? If so, that may be a good thing because the case load will be stable. It's easier to provide ongoing services than in and out. At least for me.
TAOEP is offline   Reply With Quote

newbie17

Old 02-03-2019, 08:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Unfortunately no, it does not mean there's no chance of getting a new student added. Last year I was 3 over my max because they can write a waiver (or some such nonsense) to allow it.
newbie17 is offline   Reply With Quote