The VENT

Have you eaten lunch???

>

Littlethings

Littlethings

Have you eaten lunch???
Old 02-03-2019, 04:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I don't know if anyone here is going to relate but sharing this is helping me let off a little steam.

I do intermittent fasting. Each day it's a little different, some days I experiment with skipping lunch.

I get really tired of the comments. "You're not eating?!?!" "Oh, you need some quiet time?"

I don't really care if people know that I'm doing it but I don't want to be put on the spot and make a big deal in fact I don't want many to know because I don't want a thousand questions.

Also I'm pretty sure nobody is my mother at the school 😁

Emily26

Emily26

I hate the food police...
Old 02-03-2019, 08:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Sometimes I don't feel like eating, sometimes I'm not hungry, sometimes I'm fasting for medical reasons. It's really nobody's business. I quit eating in the teacher's lounge one year because a teacher kept talking about my food, mostly with "Eeewww, that's disgusting!" comments. Seriously? I'll just take my three-bean salad and go hide in my room then, thanks.

I'm not sure you can do anything about it. Master The Look, maybe, or just start saying, "Why are you so curious about my food?" and see if they shut up

travelingfar

Nope
Old 02-04-2019, 04:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You don't owe anyone an explanation for your food schedule or choices. I get annoyed with people who think they need to comment on what I put in my mouth.
travelingfar is online now   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 02-04-2019, 06:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

So it sounds like you still go to the teachers' lounge where everyone congregates even though you don't eat, so I assume you must bring some reading material or something since you don't actually eat?

If this were me personally, I'd just stay in the privacy and placidity of my classroom about 1/2 of the week/every other day. Then at least you're not bombarded with questions every single darn day, which I'm sure gets old and tiring. I'm not saying you don't deserve to get out of your classroom, but unless there's another quiet place to go in which you're not asked constant questioning, I don't know where else you can go.
MAsped is online now   Reply With Quote
Littlethings

Littlethings

MASped
Old 02-04-2019, 07:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Nope, I do my own thing. Plan, read etc. Busybodies have to know what I'm doing and why I'm doing it

MAsped

Old 02-04-2019, 12:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Wow, nosy, nosy (on their part)! Well, if it has to come down to you closing and even LOCKING your door or posting a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the outside when you want true peace, then do it, especially on those days when you just don't want to deal with anyone.

Gigi814

Old 02-04-2019, 03:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

There is a life coach on youtube who gives great advice. She has said when someone makes comments like these you should smile and say, "What's your point?"
Gigi814 is offline   Reply With Quote

SwollenAnkles

Car?
Old 02-04-2019, 05:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

If it is not cold in your town you could just go sit in your car. I have done that sometimes. If you are in your room they find you! I take a book and get away. Kick my shoes off and read. It is a great break from everyone. Plus you donít get in on all the crap of the break room! Blah....
SwollenAnkles is online now   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 02-05-2019, 06:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

But if you follow what Gigi814 said, that's not something I'd want to say with people I'd have to work with everyday because that's a snippy reply and that will probably cause them to be bitchy later on to you. You have to kind of stay cordial with these people. That tactic is for those you'll probably never see again.

If you do what I said (lock the door, DO NOT DISTURB sign), you won't have to worry about saying anything. Sure sitting in the car's good too, but I'd probably only feel like doing that 1-2 days of the week.

GraceKrispy

Old 02-05-2019, 12:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I hate that, too. I often either don't eat (I also do intermittent fasting and I often don't eat lunch at lunchtime), or I bring something others would think was really odd (don't ask) and people are so focused on what and whether I eat!

Drives me nuts, too

GraceKrispy is online now   Reply With Quote