Nervous for only interview I have so far. - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

The Job Search

Nervous for only interview I have so far.

>

MissELA

Nervous for only interview I have so far.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Currently a building substitute/LTS for a SPED Teacher. Next week I have an interview for a incredible opportunity for a position at a behavior intervention school run by a prestigious local university. They will also pay for my master's degree and they have 100% job placement in the field after program completion. I'm nervous for the interview although I have SPED background yet I'm certified in English 7-12.

I'm also nervous because this is my only interview despite almost 80 applications. P at school thinks well of me so I'm told, but not enough to grant me an interview for a position at this school or the district. It hurt coming into work today and seeing interviewees in the main office and thinking that should have been me.

It hurts but I'm trying to stay positive.

MissELA is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsPhysics

Good luck next week!
Old 06-01-2018, 02:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It sounds like a very interesting opportunity. The one piece of interview advice I have is to say to yourself (even out loud if you can) ďIím so excited about this!Ē A few times before going in. It helps me switch the nerves into energy and confidence.

I know it is such a crappy feeling to see other people interviewing when youíre left out. Some people canít seem to appreciate whatís right under their noses. Some districts are like that, and at others they know to hang on tight to talent they have. Best of luck!
MrsPhysics is offline   Reply With Quote

sandycheeks

Old 06-07-2018, 11:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The same thing happened to me at my school.... and I watched candidates all go through to their 2nd and 3rd rounds, while i didn't get called back. Awkward to interact with colleagues and principal after that one. I let it get to me for a moment. But then I looked around and I said. This is not my place. This is a stepping stone toward where I'm meant to me. What I learn here and from this experience will make me stronger when I'm in that right place at the right time. If they don't see me as a good fit, then they are not a good fit for me. Keep putting out your resume and keep your doors open. Don't stay in one place too long if nothing comes up now. Step out side the box and choose opportunities that will lead you in the direction of your dreams.
sandycheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
eriwriter
Old 06-08-2018, 11:05 AM
This message has been deleted by eriwriter.

IA11

Old 06-08-2018, 11:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Iím glad that your interview went well! Be proud of yourself!

Prayers that you get the position!
IA11 is offline   Reply With Quote

MissELA

Thank you
Old 06-08-2018, 11:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thank you for the kind words! I just had the interview two hours ago and I think I nailed all of the questions except one. They started the interview saying that my application really stood out. I will update next week when I find out!

MissELA is offline   Reply With Quote