Help

Second Grade

Vocab/word work folder or notebook

>

room213

Vocab/word work folder or notebook
Old 08-23-2012, 06:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

After studying the common core this summer and wanting to do more with vocabulary and having my students record words and vocabulary that is important In our read alouds, content, and independent reading; I am wondering if any one has a good way for students to organize all this.

I don't know if I should use folders or composition books. I would like to keep all the word work/vocabulary work we do together but not sure how to do it. Any ideas? What works for you?

room213 is offline   Reply With Quote

ritabook2

word collector
Old 09-01-2012, 05:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have done a word collector in a couple of different ways. I consider them both a personal word wall. One way is to use a legal-sized manilla folder, opened up and draw lines to divide it into 26 squares on the inside. Label each square with a letter of the alphabet and they decorate the front. They use this to record whatever vocab you choose. I had them write words that they asked me to spell for them in writing or interesting words they found while reading.

I've also printed a personal dictionary that had several words already printed, but also blank lines for adding additional words. They keep this little book in their writing folders. We add spelling words and vocab as the year goes.
ritabook2 is offline   Reply With Quote