Binder (I hope this is the right section) - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

BusyBoard

Binder (I hope this is the right section)

>

theapple

Binder (I hope this is the right section)
Old 06-25-2012, 08:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have been mulling over things for next school year, since we start back in 6 weeks (we have been out for 5 already). One thing that I thought about was using a binder to contain all of my stuff. You wouldn't think that I would have too much to keep up with as a sub, but typically, I have all kinds of stuff for my one school. Last year, I used a clip board/carrying case that I liked, but it was not big enough. Does anyone have any ideas on how to set up or what all to keep in one?

I was thinking a 1/2-inch or 1 inch binder with the following sections:
1) Job Numbers (I always keep up with these)
2) Calendars and Schedules
3) Forms for absences, illnesses, accident reports, etc.
4) Emergency Information with a copy of the crisis chart and fire drill location map
5) Sample Emergency Plans (Yes, some teachers don't have emergency plans for those occasions)
6) Worksheet hard copies (extra activities and emergency plan suppliments)

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

theapple is online now   Reply With Quote

room213

Doing the same thing!
Old 06-26-2012, 02:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I just bought a heavy duty 1 inch binder as my " planner". I found my lesson plan book started filling up with other things that I needed available at meetings or at home.

My planner will have a calendar, common core objectives for LA and Math, student list and family contact numbers, my curriculum calendar, and a place for note taking at grade level meetings and staff meetings. I don't think my 1 inch binder will hold much else.

I do have a three inch binder with all the other important hard copy sheets I need: reading profiles, assessments that I actually use over and over, etc.

I want "my planner" to be an important reference tool for me as I plan and meet with colleagues. I hope it works! Good luck with yours too!
room213 is offline   Reply With Quote

motherhen

Responding as a classroom teacher :)
Old 06-26-2012, 03:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Sounds like you are a sub I would love to have! The only thing I can think to add is a "notes" section. You may find it useful to note things that work/don't work in some classes, behavior management ideas, or maybe even specific student notes if you sub in the same classes more than once. I suppose you could also add a page protector or other pocket to keep a favorite pen, sticky notes or stickers for the kids.
motherhen is offline   Reply With Quote

beachygrl

Excellent idea!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

This sounds like it would be great for you to do. I second motherhen's suggestion for pages for notes because I suspect teachers would value your opinion & perspective, and the sticky notes/stickers for kids would be good, too.

I wish you were at my school! Or that you could give hints to some of those who sub at my school...
beachygrl is offline   Reply With Quote

theapple

Old 06-26-2012, 07:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thanks for the input! I am anal about organization (my mom inadvertantly passed that on, Heaven have mercy on my wife when I do get married).I have thought about it earlier today and kind of redid some of the sections:
1) Schedules and Calendar
Of course, all scehdules and the calendar will go here. Instead of keeping up with the job numbers in the book, I will just write on the calendar which teachers I am subbing for on specific days. Jobs #s will be written elsewhere.
2) Fire Drill Map and Crisis Chart
3) Notes (Thanks for this idea!)
4) Sample Emergency Lesson Plans
5) Worksheet Hard Copies
6) Forms
7) Miscellanious Items
8) Rewards and PBIS info

I have 10 of the plastic dividers with pockets, so I intend to be well-stocked on stickers as well.

If anyone else has more ideas, I am willing to listen. I might be able to incorporate them.

theapple is online now   Reply With Quote