Help

Special Education

Amazing news!

>

Seaturtle08

Amazing news!
Old 08-31-2016, 01:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My difficult para (old and set in her ways, screaming matches with me and the principal, physically unable to handle the autism unit, completely ignoring my instructions, etc) has been moved to another classroom effective tomorrow! I'm doing a happy dance (as much as I can be, seeing as I just got home from the hospital!)!!!! The para that they're putting in my room doesn't particularly like me, but at least will be able to physically handle the demands of my classroom and we'll figure the rest of it out!

Seaturtle08 is offline   Reply With Quote

FLteachESE

Old 08-31-2016, 02:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Yayayayayayayayyayay!!!
FLteachESE is offline   Reply With Quote

spedder1

Dancing with you!
Old 08-31-2016, 02:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

It is always wonderful when a para that is unable to or unwilling to do the job is moved. I talked with a friend of mine yesterday. She has a K-2 Low Incidence classroom with students who are moderately to severely impacted by their disabilities (you name it, she's got it). She has one para who needs to move. I had that para for a total of 7 years. She told me yesterday that he is miserable because she is on him constantly. The principal would like to see him gone. However, that is difficult. He slapped a student's hand in my room and ended up with a two week paid "vacation" while the union investigated and decided he did nothing wrong. They never interviewed me or asked for my notes. He was then sent back to my room. UGH! The principal was not happy to have him back, either.
Hope all works out with the new para. At least the new one can physically do the job. Autism classrooms are exhausting!
Kathy
spedder1 is offline   Reply With Quote