Help

ARCHIVE

Observation Ideas

>

Page

Observation Ideas
Old 01-14-2008, 08:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am going to have my observation in the next few weeks - Anyone have a great idea? I am not neverous I am just looking for something new...Multiplication/division or a reading idea...we are working on persuasive writing....Our principal is big on cognition levels...Thanks!

Page is offline   Reply With Quote

3rdgrade

compare/contrast idea
Old 01-18-2008, 06:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

One of my observations was to compare adn contrast two stories. The students really liked this idea. My students and I read the two stories at a previous time, duringthe observation we created two class story maps (one on each story) then we joined together on the rug and created a venn diagram, made out of two hula hoops. Every student had a popsicle stick with story 1, one with story 2, and one with a picture from both stories (I used images from google and/or amazon). I also labeled the "Venn Diagram" with the story names. Then I created little phrases... ex. nonfiction. When I held up the word/phrase the students had to pick up the correct popsicle stick adn then I picked one person to put the word/phrase in the correct hula hoop area. The students really like this. It was a different way to teach compare/contrast. The only thing that I stress is that you have the students to understand that the popsicle sticks are tools and not toys! Good luck!
3rdgrade is offline   Reply With Quote