Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Almost feeling guilty for feeling so lazy

>

Zephie

Almost feeling guilty for feeling so lazy
Old 03-28-2020, 01:42 PM

I am such a "doer." I want to get everything done so I can play. I sometimes struggle to rest right or eat right. The last few days I've managed a few miles of walking with Delilah, but I've otherwise been pretty u productive. I have an afghan I want to finish crocheting. I have a quilt to piece. I have things to clean.

Why cant I just make myself get it done?

Then a dear friend of mine posted this gem from a trauma counselor and it started making a bit more sense.

Let's be kind to ourselves as we navigate this big unknown crisis.

Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
Zephie is offline   Reply With Quote

Mishellee99

Thanks for sharing
Old 03-28-2020, 02:23 PM

I'm so glad you shared this as I have been feeling the same exact way lately. This past week was my school's spring break and I tried to keep it as low key as possible since my husband was off as well due to his factory being shut down as they are a supplier for Honda. In fact, he found out a couple days ago that they will be shut down this week as well since Honda extended their shutdown.

I had a plan of finally working on my graduate courses I'm taking through Southern New Hampshire University again as K12 our corporate company is allowing employees to take classes for free through them. Since I have a Master's degree I'm doing only the specializations and July-October I did their Online Education Fundamentals specialization since the one I really wanted to do Leadership in Online Education wasn't available yet. It was finally developed and offered this term that started March 2nd and goes through June 21st.

Well, a couple weeks ago I found out that we were told incorrectly that if you're doing the specialization you must take both classes since each specialization is only 2 classes the same term. My advisor said I could drop 1 of the classes if I would like but would be required to take it the next term. I'm half tempted to do that as we have our next phone call Tuesday morning.

I really feel like this week I have lost all motivation to continue in the program and K12 sent out an email the day before break allowing anyone to withdraw from their current courses without penalty. I'm thinking about dropping the class I haven't started yet and planning on taking it over the summer or seeing if I can get an extension if needed depending on when I can get that one started.
Mishellee99 is offline   Reply With Quote

2teach2

Old 03-28-2020, 05:20 PM

Thank you for sharing this! It explains a lot. I'm thinking another reason I can't seem to get moving is that our school district is closed until May 1st, and I don't want to buzz through my 'to do' list too quickly!
2teach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

kidsrme11

Old 03-28-2020, 05:46 PM

This hit the nail on the head. thank you for posting it. I hope you don't mind if I share it. I think everyone needs to read it.
kidsrme11 is offline   Reply With Quote

MissTrace

Old 03-28-2020, 07:13 PM

Thanks for sharing. I think these reminders are important for our mental health. I would usually crochet, enjoy some good tv, read, and feel productive with this kind of time off. Iíve done some of that, but not to the level that is normal for me.
Itís good to have the reminders to be kind to ourselves through this.

MissTrace is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 03-28-2020, 07:42 PM

Thanks! I'm having a lot of trouble with this very thought. I like this.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

forkids2

Old 03-29-2020, 06:53 AM

Zephie, thank you so much for sharing this. I have been struggling with this very thing and feeling so guilty and dumb for just feeling kind of paralyzed with worry and not able to get things done when there is so much free time. I actually started crying when I read it and felt a little better about myself.
forkids2 is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 03-29-2020, 05:02 PM

Thanks for sharing that. Its interesting and makes sense!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote