Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

I went to the eye doctor yesterday....

>

GraceKrispy

I went to the eye doctor yesterday....
Old 11-24-2018, 11:43 AM

And I met her husband. I commented on his name, as it's not very common at all and it's the same name as my dh.

After I went home and told my son about it, I realized that the eye doctor's name is the exact same name as mine (with the same spelling, which is somewhat unusual). Funny coincidence! Her name is unique enough that when I did a web search to find her new location, I googled her first name and our (big) city and "eye doctor" and she came right up. It just hadn't hit me that they both had the same name as dh and I

Weird coincidences for you lately?

GraceKrispy is online now   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 11-24-2018, 11:49 AM

Great coincidence!

My motherís brother married my fatherís sister. Both women had the same first name. So my mom went from Jane Jones to Jane Smith while my aunt went from Jane Smith to Jane Jones.
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

PoohBear

Old 11-24-2018, 01:50 PM

Canít think of any right now but I love both of yours!
PoohBear is online now   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 11-24-2018, 02:06 PM

amiga- that is funny!

That reminds me- dh dated a woman with my first name before me, and she had the same (common) last name as he did. So when we got married, I ended up with "her" name

My brother married someone with the same first name as I do, so now she has my maiden name (first and last), although she spells it a bit differently.

cvt

coincidences
Old 11-24-2018, 02:07 PM

In DH's family there are 4 in-laws (including me) with the same first name initial and the same last name. There will soon be another one as one of the nephews is getting married. And all 4 in-laws have birthdays in the same month.

amiga13, that is really funny!

cvt is online now   Reply With Quote

mom23kids

coincidence
Old 11-24-2018, 02:21 PM

Not a name coincidence but last week while my sister was traveling to Florida with her dh, there was a man sitting in the waiting area to board same flight and he LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE MY BIL! My sister took a picture (w/o him knowing) and showed us all. WOW, is all I can say. Everyone has a twin somewhere!!
mom23kids is online now   Reply With Quote

eagles23

Old 11-24-2018, 02:24 PM

Two girls from our school both had the same first name and they each had a brother. The girls married each others brothers and basically switched names. I still get confused which one people are talking about! (Same scenario as Amiga's.)

My nephew on my husband's side of the family married a girl that has the same first name as I do, so then we had the same first and last name. Got a little confusing when we drew names for Christmas. They would add our husband's name to our slip so that the person who drew it would know for sure which person they had drawn. They aren't together anymore and she isn't a very nice person, so I am always afraid that our identities will get mixed up.
eagles23 is offline   Reply With Quote

JenInWV

Old 11-24-2018, 03:13 PM

I am from a very small town. When I was a kid, my mom had the exact same name as a teenage girl who had quite the reputation. One day, when my mom was at work, people kept giving her the side-eye and whispering when she came in the room. Finally, she found out that the teenager had gotten into a fight in a gas station parking lot over a boy and several of her co-workers thought it was my poor mother!
JenInWV is online now   Reply With Quote

giver1940

Someone with the same
Old 11-24-2018, 03:43 PM

first and last name (which is an unusual last name), same major, slightly younger, and ended up with some of my graduate credits when she transferred to my school for graduate school.
giver1940 is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 11-24-2018, 03:50 PM

My sister married a guy with the same last name as ours. I told her to hyphenate or square it....as in Sally Smith-Smith or Sally Smith≤

She did not like my ideas.

My P and I have the same birthday. Our sons have the same birthday. I asked if his wife's birthday was January 4th (my husband's). Nope, but it is July 4th (so still have J4 in common).

Weird!

Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

Gromit

Old 11-24-2018, 05:13 PM

Zia - a friend of mine married a man with the same name as her. She’s also from Alabama, so she has endured more than her fair share of teasing about that.

Many many years ago, I learned that woman with my name had a father with my dad’s name, but her dad was in jail. I had gotten a phone call about him, which is how I learned about it.
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 11-24-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Zia - a friend of mine married a man with the same name as her. Sheís also from Alabama, so she has endured more than her fair share of teasing about that.
The man my sister married is from Alabama!
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

Alicia G

Old 11-24-2018, 06:53 PM

I guess we all know some of these situations.

My mom is one a "Jane Smith" as is her SIL - both have a common first name and married brothers.

We know a couple in another state who both have the same unisex first name so now they are both "Taylor Thomas."

My daughter (who has a unisex name) shares the same name as an actor (we didn't know about him when we named our daughter...) and my daughter spent a semester in Hollywood as an intern and there were some people who knew the actor who has the same name she does.

Once, when I was sick in bed with the flu, I googled my name and found a few people that share my name - not a surprise since my first and last names are not unusual. One lady with my name is married to someone with my son's name. Another is a blues musician who named his band after himself (imagine "The Alicia G Band" - but my real name is not Alicia G). He's big and black - I'm not and not. And one is a British film star that, according to Wikipedia, doesn't make family-friendly films. She is young and busty. Again, I'm not and not...

Names are funny...
Alicia G is offline   Reply With Quote

WordFountain

Not names, but...
Old 11-24-2018, 07:18 PM

I was born on my grandfatherís birthday. My husband has older brothers who are twins - we have the same birthday. My husbandís sisterís son (my nephew) was born on our birthday. So to recap: my birthday is the same as my twin BILs & our nephew.
WordFountain is online now   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 11-24-2018, 09:03 PM

Love these stories! Fun!

Quote:
We know a couple in another state who both have the same unisex first name so now they are both "Taylor Thomas."
One of my former coworker's name is Teri and her husband's name is Terry. Their last name is the same. Same name, but at least they have different spellings.

Word Fountain- My brother has the same birthday as our aunt and my daughter was due on the 1 year anniversary of my fil's death (thankfully she came a few days early). Not quite as coincidental as your example, though.

Shelby3

names
Old 11-25-2018, 08:54 AM

I knew a woman named Kathy who married a man whose last name is Cathey.
Shelby3 is offline   Reply With Quote