Help

Retired Teachers

Better than I imagined!

>

FMT

Better than I imagined!
Old 06-28-2019, 06:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I retired in early June. I was able to leave on a positive note and enjoyed every minute of the gatherings I participated in.

Now things have calmed down and I am so content. I haven't felt this good in years. No responsibility, no prepping for the fall, no reading the next book about teaching differently. It is such a relief to not be under the gun.

I feel grateful for my years, a good retirement, and peace of mind. I feel blessed and content.

I hope this feeling remains. I guess it was the right time for me to say good bye.

FMT is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

That all sounds wonderful!
Old 06-28-2019, 06:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Good for you! All you need to do now is keep enjoying retirement life. Enjoy!
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

So happy for you!
Old 06-28-2019, 07:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am so glad that so far, your retirement has been wonderful. I retired a year ago in June. I also had several wonderful goodbye celebrations including dinners with friends, the district and building goodbye parties, a surprise reception for me and my two third grade colleagues who were also retiring etc. I enjoyed them all, as I did the majority of the 42 years I spent in the classroom.

That being said, the incredible sense of calm that has been with me all year has been amazing. I love being able to make plans, even those on a "school night" without having to write plans. The district just ended school on Wednesday, and already had an "optional" professional development workshop for the rest of this week. Really? It was so nice not to have to participate in so-called professional development opportunities like those.

I am sure that the feeling of contentment bordering on pure bliss will follow you all the days of your retirement. Congratulations to you!
NJ Teacher is online now   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 06-28-2019, 07:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Quote:
It is such a relief to not be under the gun.

I feel grateful for my years, a good retirement, and peace of mind. I feel blessed and content.
Congratulations, FMT! Iíve been retired 3 years and I still feel this way every day. Every single day.
amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

travelingfar

Yay for Retirement!
Old 06-28-2019, 07:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I'm glad you're enjoying retirement so far. I retired three years ago and am happier than I have ever been. The list of great things about retirement gets longer each day. Enjoy this new phase of your life!

travelingfar is offline   Reply With Quote

Catdog12

Old 06-28-2019, 10:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I haven't lost that "lovin' retirement" feeling, and I've been retired 7 (SEVEN!) years this month.

Congratulations to you! It just gets better!
Catdog12 is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

retirement
Old 06-28-2019, 01:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Retired four years. We ate lunch out today and dear husband commented on how nice it is to have the summer without me stressing about the next new mandate coming in the fall.

I so love Sunday evenings and not having to hate myself for procrastinating.
mhugs is online now   Reply With Quote

anansi

Old 06-28-2019, 04:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

The miracle is when you stop to ask yourself, "How did I ever fit in a job?" Retirement is just as full and carefree as you want it to be. I feel so blessed knowing that no matter what I'm doing, that pension will be deposited into my account whether I'm home or abroad traveling. Each morning is mine, each day is mine to decide and to do what I like. Sure there are still responsibilities we all have, taxes to pay, doctor visits and car upkeep. But mostly it is what I want to do and when I want to do it. So I work on my novel, read whatever I like, see friends, exercise, try new recipes (or not!) travel, volunteer, keep up with news, and just enjoy. Very little stress - at least compared to the good old days when I was teaching. This is my fifth year of retirement and I am soooooo enjoying it!
anansi is offline   Reply With Quote

annie_g

Old 06-29-2019, 05:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I'm 2 years in and it keeps getting better! Congrats on retiring!
annie_g is online now   Reply With Quote

readbks2

Old 06-30-2019, 06:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

If you think you feel good now, just wait until August, when everyone is getting their classrooms ready and having endless staff meetings! You will appreciate your retirement even more! This is my ninth year out, and I am still so thankful knowing that my summer vacation will not end!

readbks2 is offline   Reply With Quote