Help

First Grade

eportfolios

>

ely2boys

eportfolios
Old 04-19-2013, 05:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I would like to start eportfolios with my first graders next year. I want to be able to post recording of their readings, links from Storybird, pictures of their class work and some reflection writing pieces. Can anyone recommend what would be the best digital tool to do this? A wiki? A blog? any suggestions of good resources to use?
Thank you in advance!

ely2boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Squirl

No idea, but...
Old 04-22-2013, 05:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think this is a pretty good idea if it's implemented correctly. I have no clue how to effectively implement it with first graders because it seems like it would just be way more work on the teacher. But I recently found a app for the iPad and iPhone called ThreeRing. It has a website component that goes along with it. Based on what I've seen as I look into it, it seems like it could be along the lines of an ePortfolio. It looks like it takes some setup time, but it could absolutely be beneficial in the way of parent/teacher communication!
Squirl is offline   Reply With Quote

broomrider

You might
Old 04-23-2013, 01:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

want to check on your school/district student privacy policies to be sure you are in compliance with whatever you set up. For instance, we cannot include students' names or pictures on line without parental permission in writing.
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote

pumagirls29

This year I used posterous
Old 04-27-2013, 08:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

This year I used a website called posterous to post my students' work. I posted through November or December but then it became a tad bit too much work for me. Plus just a handful of families seemed interested in the idea of an eportfolio. Many of my families this year seemed more interested in the portfolio that we maintained in the classroom.
Anyway, I'm considering trying again next year. Through this website you can create and manage a page for each of your kids. There are privacy settings that allow you to control who sees the pages.
pumagirls29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Melissa/1st/TN

Hmmm
Old 05-29-2013, 04:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

That gets me thinking! I've used Shutterfly for the last two years as a classroom communication and sharing site...only invited members see anything on the site. You could create a folder for each child and post digital pictures of their work. Just a thought.

Melissa/1st/TN is offline   Reply With Quote