Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

good grief. 4th "snow" day in row

>

tia

good grief. 4th "snow" day in row
Old 01-09-2017, 06:36 AM

i know that for some of you this is the norm in the winter, but this is INSANE for us--sorry to keep going on about it...

it warmed up yesterday and we had slushy snow/rain. it froze over night.

school was called this AM (at 5:19) due to icy roads, sidewalks, and parking lots, and flooding. some schools' pipes burst apparently---my school is an older one....(worried)

oh, and get this: some churches cancelled services yesterday!

we typically get ONE (if any) snow days a year. this is 4th in a row--coming off our break. i spent HOURS last night replanning. sigh...

end of semester is next week--kind of needed to get some things done.

if you know me at all, you know that i work best when busy. i get more accomplished when i have lots to do. my alternate speed is: slug. i am no good at "homebody". my house should be sparkling by now. (but i tend to watch crappy TV....)

we are expected to get more rain and then more snow. while i do think it's pretty (and a change is always exciting), this is getting ridiculous.

well, i'm going to try and go back to sleep. when i get up, i'll make a list of things to do to keep me productive (but still have some fun, relaxing time). i promise i won't post it.

tia is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 01-09-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
i'll make a list of things to do to keep me productive (but still have some fun, relaxing time). i promise i won't post it.

Thank you! Nothing makes me feel worse than the people who post lists of the 67 huge jobs accomplished before 10:00am.
Seriously, thanks for this post!
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

momagain

Snow day
Old 01-09-2017, 07:36 AM

We got our first snow day today in about 10-11 years. Everyone is pretty shocked. Stay warm. Off to shovel ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
momagain is offline   Reply With Quote

chanrowl

Old 01-09-2017, 11:09 AM

Coming from someone who is used to snow days. Ice is nothing to play with! Definitely needs to be closed in those conditions. Our schools are usually open with a few inches of snow (1-3), but definitely closed with even a tenth of ice.

Be safe! I know rescheduling is a pain, but don't feel bad about lounging around. Think of it as a mental break. Maybe rest, watch TV, during the day and start working in the evening. For whatever odd reason that works best for me when I'm off for a snow day.
chanrowl is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs. Br3

I am with you!
Old 01-09-2017, 02:46 PM

We are on our fourth snow day of the year, two last week and today. I'm ready to go back. I'm ready to start my daily routine again. I'm ready to see my students and not my children anymore, lol. The sun is shining right now, and I am hopeful that we will be in session tomorrow, but there is more snow in the forecast...will it ever stop?

Mrs. Br3 is offline   Reply With Quote