Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Rachelmpd

>

Keltikmom

Rachelmpd
Old 01-04-2021, 05:37 PM

You have been absent for a while. How are things going for you and Gabriel and your family?

Keltikmom is online now   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 01-04-2021, 06:13 PM

I miss you too! Please check in with us when you can!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is online now   Reply With Quote

rachelmpd

Thanks
Old 01-09-2021, 12:33 AM

We are surviving. Life is tough right now. I didnít try for a teaching job this year, didnít look. Not sure if I could handle it, my mom and Gabriel. I did need something and in November was offered a temporary job with the county in the Covid testing and outreach department. A bit scary, but I did get the vaccine! I have good days and bad days. I think about Rebecca everyday. I have a ton of anger towards the home, myself for not insisting she find out if there was a window we could meet at. I feel she got cheated by not getting a proper funeral. Crossing my fingers she will have a memorial in 6 months after the unveiling of the tombstone (Jewish custom is to unveil it after a year).

Gabriel continues to have problems at school (and a bit at home, but I am laid back). His teacher said that he is trying to do good job, but ends up making poor decisions. He is very impulsive. Since Covid soared, I decided it was probably best not to have even outdoor play dates, I am considering seeing about reinstating them. He goes to school full time but really needs more socializing. He can read a bit here and there and memorizes quickly. He loves Elephant and Piggy as well as Henry and Mudge. Reading or screens is basically the only times he will sit and be calm. He loves KidzBop and dancing.

Thank you for asking, I need to spend more time here and less on FB where I get riled up to easily.
rachelmpd is offline   Reply With Quote