PT Travelers: what're your tips for back-to-back travelling? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

PT Travelers: what're your tips for back-to-back travelling?

>

TheGr8Catsby

PT Travelers: what're your tips for back-to-back travelling?
Old 11-18-2019, 07:25 PM

Over winter break, I'm going TWO places. I'll be home for about 50 hours in between. 24 of those hours are Christmas Day. Lol.

Any tips for quick turnarounds? I considered pretty much wearing the same clothes both places, but I'm going to two drastically different climates, so I may need to have some differences.

I have considered like dumping my suitcase in the washing machine, washing the same base clothes, repacking them ASAP and just changing outerwear.

TheGr8Catsby is online now   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 11-18-2019, 07:35 PM

I have done that a couple of times. I did a flight & two weeks on the beach, a Christian womenís conference weekend road trip within 48 hours or returning home, and then a mid-week road trip to the mountains.

Basically I just replenished all my toiletries, washed & repacked clothes, and went.

Iím a list maker, so I had three lists so I knew what I needed for which trip.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

ICrazyTeach

Old 11-18-2019, 07:40 PM

My sister travels A LOT. When she has back to back trips she packs for both trips at the same time. One bag for each trip. She has a smaller toiletries bag that she switches out. She has tons of clothes, though, and can go at least a month without doing laundry.
ICrazyTeach is online now   Reply With Quote

PoohBear

trip
Old 11-18-2019, 07:41 PM

I once went on a cruise, came home for a day and left on a 3 week road trip

Quote:
I had three lists so I knew what I needed for which trip.
I agree with this....decide what you are taking for just the first trip, for just the second trip and for both. Already have the clothes for the second trip out and ready to be packed. Then when you get home from the first, throw your clothes in the washer, replenish the toiletries and repack.
PoohBear is offline   Reply With Quote

love_to_learn

Old 11-18-2019, 08:56 PM

I did this this summer. I'm a pretty light packer with minimal clothes. I dumped my clothes in the washer and repacked. It was different weather too so not everything was a repack. The simpler you can pack, the better. I have one, maybe two pairs of shoes, and everything kinda goes together.

It's better to get that laundry done anyway! I hate having laundry after a vacation. It sounds crazy, but I love when I can get mine done on vacation and bring home all clean clothes.

I was away for 11 days, home less than a day, and then away for another 5. I like traveling, but that was a bit much even for me.

love_to_learn is offline   Reply With Quote

cvt

packing
Old 11-18-2019, 09:39 PM

Lucky you!

Like live_to-learn I'm a pretty light packer with minimal clothes. I only take a carry-on, which limits what I can wear on my trips.

Quote:
I have considered like dumping my suitcase in the washing machine, washing the same base clothes, repacking them ASAP and just changing outerwear.
Yes! I've had back-to-back trips with 1 or 2 days at home between trips. It's just enough time to throw my underwear and my two pairs of (hiking) pants and tops in the wash. Then I pack again, either adding or subtracting, depending on the expected weather. I've gone from hot tropical weather to arctic temperatures with the same basic items, but layering for the cold.
cvt is offline   Reply With Quote