Super preparers of PT: How can I get ready for my flights early? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Super preparers of PT: How can I get ready for my flights early?

>

TheGr8Catsby

Super preparers of PT: How can I get ready for my flights early?
Old 11-20-2019, 01:31 PM

I know this is long, but there are a lot of details that you don't REALLY need. I underlined/italicized the actual important part.

So, I'm taking back-to-back trips over winter break, and I board my first plane a month from today.

Part of me wants to throw all my stuff in my suitcase and leave it upstairs for a month, but then I remember that I kinda have to go to work for the next month; I do NOT have the extra clothes, and I need to shower at least a few times in the meanwhile.

I'm not a nonflyer/nontraveler, but I am not someone who is used to quick turnarounds.

What's bothering me is the whole doing-my-job-until-leaving thing.

To put it into perspective:

December 20th itinerary:
  • Teach
  • (Mandatory ) Faculty Christmas Party
  • Get on an airplane to Destination 1.

Christmas Eve Itinerary:
  • Airplane back "home"
  • Arrive at my mom's house (same county as me) to spend the night. Anticipated arrival at Mom's: 10:30 PM.

Christmas Day/Boxing Day Itinerary:
  • Christmas as normal: most of the day event.
  • Probably spend the night at MY house the night of Christmas Day
  • Spend Boxing Day preparing for Destination Number 2
  • Definitely spend Boxing Day Night at home.

December 27 Itinerary:
  1. Wake up at 1 AM.
  2. Airport Arrival: 3:30 AM.
  3. Fly to D2 at 5:30 AM (take-off)

Return home New Year's Day with 4 days before returning to work.

TheGr8Catsby is offline   Reply With Quote

UVAgrl928

Old 11-20-2019, 01:57 PM

I think youíre just excited 😜 youíll be fine!

If you really need to, make lists for both bags. You can even plan out outfits based on the plans for your trip.

Try to relax and enjoy on your trip- especially with the boyfriend 😉 Iíve traveled twice with this one friend that needs to have every second planned, and traveling with my sister is the same (my sisterís itinerary for her bachelorette even told me when I was allowed to shower). Iím definitely a planner, but I try to be flexible on vacation.
UVAgrl928 is offline   Reply With Quote

UVAgrl928

Old 11-20-2019, 01:58 PM

Oh, and when you get back on Christmas Eve, take your suitcase directly to the laundry room and start a load before you do anything else 😉
UVAgrl928 is offline   Reply With Quote

word girl

Old 11-20-2019, 02:37 PM

Do you have two suitcases?

-->Even if it's just as a staging area, start placing items you will need for each trip in each case - stuff that you won't need between now and then (swimsuit, ski boots just as an example).

--> Make a list for each trip and put it in the case. Put together one toiletry bag that you can simply transfer to the new bag.

-->Otherwise, put together 4 days of outfits that can go between the two bags and mix and match tops and pants, as well as layers (t-shirts, sweaters, etc.).

-->Two pairs of shoes total - one on your feet and one in the bag.

Excitement will get you through the next four weeks! You can do it! As an aside, last year I worked up to the day of my Spring Break, drove straight from work to the airport, got on a red eye and was in Europe the next morning.
word girl is offline   Reply With Quote

redmonkey

Old 11-20-2019, 03:13 PM

I would write a list out of my outfits for both trips. Then if you have any clothes for trip 2 that you are not taking on trip 1 I would go ahead and put them someone separate. I would put a sticky note with the items from trip 1 that need to be packed for trip 2 and then on the day you have to prep for trip 2 you can wash and repack those items. Then you can empty your luggage out and repack what is needed and add in the stuff you had already set out. Like someone else mentioned have a separate small bag for toiletries and medications. Then after trip 2 you have 4 days to unpack and wash clothes before work!

redmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote