Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Speed Queen washer/dryer

>

WalkDontRun

Speed Queen washer/dryer
Old 06-29-2022, 02:24 PM

I know there have been posts in the past about Speed Queen washer/dryer. Nothing comes up when I do a search. Anyway, my dryer just went out and my washer is on itís last legs. I would like a low tech top loaderónot sure about an agitator. I remember rave reviews about Speed Queen here so any insights would be much appreciated.

WalkDontRun is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 06-29-2022, 03:06 PM

I always had GE washers/dryers until 3 years ago when I moved and needed new appliances. I went to the local large appliance store fully expecting to get GE. The salesperson told me she loves GE for the kitchen, but she feels SpeedQueen is superior in the laundry room. I listened to her, then went home and did more research. I didn’t care much about the dryer, but I was picky about the washer; I wanted:
*reliability
*top load
*agitator
*no bells and whistles

SpeedQueen fit my every requirement. Three years later, I’m still very happy with them.
amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

love_to_learn

Old 06-29-2022, 03:16 PM

Love mine!! I have had them for 15 years now!
love_to_learn is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Washer
Old 06-29-2022, 03:27 PM

Donít have a brand recommendation, but I highly recommend getting one with an agitator. We bought a washer a few years ago and salesman convinced to go nonagitator. I hate it. Does not clean clothes and leaves residue on dark clothes. Iím considering breaking it myself just to get a new one.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

KatieViolet

Old 06-29-2022, 03:55 PM

I am so glad I switched to a Speed Queen last year. Low tech is the way to go when it comes to appliances!

KatieViolet is offline   Reply With Quote

choppie70

Old 06-29-2022, 03:58 PM

We got our Speed Queen washer a year ago. I absolutely love it. It does not have a lot of bells and whistles but it does a great job with our clothes.

We went with a top loader with an agitator.

The washer we had before (a GE) did not have an agitator, it had an impeller. We had it for about three years. Last summer DH and I were watching TV and we heard a big bang and then glass shatter. The impeller of the washing machine broke off and flew up and smashed the glass on the top loader.
choppie70 is offline   Reply With Quote

luvtulearn

thumbs up for speed queen washer
Old 06-29-2022, 04:32 PM

The larger the load the better .
luvtulearn is offline   Reply With Quote

Beach Glass

Speed Queen
Old 06-29-2022, 07:49 PM

Almost 3 years ago, I thought my 20 year old Maytag was going out. The fates were with me and it suddenly started again. But I wasn't going to leave it like that. I started researching. Was pretty sure I didn't want an impeller (machine without an agitator), but kept an open mind.

Went to a local appliance store and the salesman couldn't have been more informative. I do lots of heavy duty loads - DH wears heavy duty clothes - hunting clothes, flannel-lined jeans, Carharts, etc. He agreed that an impeller was not the type of washer to fit our needs. At the time there was a Maytag residential commercial washer he recommended.

2 years later... my old Maytag bit the dust. Called the store, same salesman answered and remembered me!! Because of supply chain issues, the Maytag was not available, but he suggested the Speed Queen that was comparable. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!

It tackles EVERYTHING I've thrown in it. Well worth the money.

I have a cousin who bought a washer that can switch to an impeller machine by taking out the agitator, and she is pleased with it, but I'm happy with my Speed Queen.
Beach Glass is offline   Reply With Quote

Violets2

Old 06-30-2022, 05:22 AM

We just got a SQ washer and dryer when our front loader gave out. So far so good! DH went to pick them out while I was working and had heard good things about them from people at his work. He told the people at the store that I wanted low tech and don't need a large drum because it's now just the 2 of us. I'm happy with both the washer and dryer.
Violets2 is offline   Reply With Quote