Help

Retired Teachers

A bit of nostalgia

>

bigsis

A bit of nostalgia
Old 07-11-2008, 08:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I stopped at school the other day to take care of some insurance business. Inside the front door were piles of new supplies and teaching materials. I have to admit that it pulled at the "teacher" heartstrings. I enjoy retirement, but there are some things that I miss....I hadn't realized that new supplies was one of them.

bigsis is offline   Reply With Quote

Renea

Walmart
Old 07-12-2008, 01:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I hate to see the school supplies in Walmart since I am still teaching and love my summers. That being said, I'll be retiring in a year or two and just the smell of crayons will most likely have me drifting back to the good old days.
Renea is offline   Reply With Quote
Ariz.Ladybug

Ariz.Ladybug

Ditto on nostalgia
Old 07-16-2008, 12:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I know what you mean! I just got back from Dollar Tree and they are starting to get their back to school supplies in. Oh the cute stickers, nameplates, award pencils, erasers. etc. I went up and down the aisles just knowing what I could use each item for, THEN, I remembered, There is not a class waiting for me, I am retired.
The moment of sadness passed quickly when I remembered all the other things that would also be waiting for me if I was going back. You know the progress monitoring, testing, lost homework, upset parents, teacher development, SEI training, dibels, recess and lunch duty, staying after school, getting up early to get there early, and on and on.
I went to the scrapbooking aisle and found some wonderful items there just right for me! What a lovely day!!!!