Writing & Language Arts

3rd grade writing project ideas

>

tch3rd

tch3rd

3rd grade writing project ideas
Old 03-03-2006, 02:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our class has a day each year when students read writing projects to parents, grandparents, friend, etc. I wanted to know if anyone out there has any ideas for a spectacular presentation or writing idea for the students to begin writing early in the year so projects were done and ready to present by mid March or sometime around there(third/fourth grade level). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

zazz725

Writing Ideas
Old 03-30-2006, 07:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

An idea would be for students to write different types of genres using Power Point. This program is great for Presentations. I teach third grade as well. This year, I did a project where students worked in groups to create Web pages about how a different country celebrates Christmas , Hannukaah. I am looking to do a similar project for next year. It is a great idea to have students create an electronic portfolio. Assignments could include a personal narrative beginning the year. Depending on the types of writing you focus on, you could require one writing assignment per marking period to be submitted in the e-portfolio. Students could use Power Point or Word. Power Point would be good if you focus on writing 3 paragraphs. Students could write a paragraph on a slide. That sounds like a great idea. At the end of the year, you could give students a disc of their work for the year.
zazz725 is offline   Reply With Quote

stlcardinals

Coffee House Poetry
Old 06-08-2006, 09:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I teach 3rd grade and we have a Coffee House Poetry day. The children work the 1st sememster writing a few original poems. We then invite the parents and grandparents in to listen. I serve coffee (adults), hot chocolate, and muffins. The parents and children all bring their favorite coffee mug. The children take turns reading one of their original poems and instead of clapping at the end we snap!
stlcardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
stardusts

stardusts

Idea for writing
Old 05-12-2009, 03:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Let your students write to other students from other classes. They could write back and forth. Or you could let them make books for their pals from other classes and when they're done. They could read it together!