Help

Daily 5

book boxes

>

Emma12

book boxes
Old 08-10-2010, 07:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Where can I find durable book boxes? Preferably in Canada or online. Thanks.

Emma12 is offline   Reply With Quote

maps

book boxes
Old 08-10-2010, 08:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I bought them from IKEA last year and they were very inexpensive. This year I bought the fellowes magazine boxes on-line at : Office discount items.com . Both of these boxes are cardboard and white and I write their name on them and then have the kids decorate the box to reflect who they are. The children also get to take them home in June.
maps is offline   Reply With Quote

ArnieTheDonut

Cardboard boxes
Old 08-10-2010, 09:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Do the cardboard boxes hold up? I bought the colored cardboard ones from Classroom Direct and I am afraid they will fall over and fall apart now that I see them.

I couldnt afford the plastic ones from Really Good Stuff, which I would recommend.
ArnieTheDonut is offline   Reply With Quote

maps

Yes they were
Old 08-10-2010, 10:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Sturdy.....the boxes lasted all year. I had to tape one that was it. I had thought about buying the plastic ones but The kids loved decorating their own box and being able to take the book boxes home with them at the end of the year. Also, each year the new students get new boxes.
I do mention in a newsletter to the parents that the children are getting book boxes, decorating them and will bring the boxes home to keep in June so if they could send in a $1.00 to cover the cost that would be great. Not everyone sent the money in but it helped to defray some of the cost.
maps is offline   Reply With Quote

JBVTeach2

Book boxes
Old 08-10-2010, 02:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Make sure you use strong tape and tape the corners. Last year was the first year I used book boxes and ended up putting Zip Lock bags inside so that the kids just pulled out the bags not touching the boxes. I think that is why they held up. I bought new ones this year from School Specialty the are double the size. I bought calendar numbers and taped them on the front of the boxes. I give my students a number on the first day of school. They have to put their numbers on their assignments. It makes life easy to collect papers. I had students last year call out number and they we see who doesnt have a paper. After correcting its so easy to record grades in grade book.

JBVTeach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

nbcheshu

Book Boxes
Old 08-10-2010, 06:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I'm not sure where you live but Dollarama has some great containers and bins usually for $1-$2 each.
nbcheshu is offline   Reply With Quote

labgirl

Do you have an IKEA nearby?
Old 08-20-2010, 04:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

You can get cardboard ones for about US$0.40 each. They are not available online. The cardboard ones I used from another company lasted all year and I saved for this year as back-up bins. I did tape some of the edges prior to giving them to students. My students really stuffed the boxes with books and carried them all around the room. They were stored on their desks. A colleague who had students keep them on a bookshelf and didn't let them overstuff wound up with cardboard bins that are in pristine shape after the end of the year.

Here is the link to the IKEA bins that I am going to buy for this year:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50022354
labgirl is offline   Reply With Quote