Help

ARCHIVE

Petunia in Kansas

>

hescollin

Petunia in Kansas
Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Boil and egg. ---Hard....... Cut it in half. Put a red hot candy in the center of the yolk, that is the red hot core.

A Snicker candy bar. Works great also.

Use my e mail address and send me an e mail address that I can attach to and I will share our unit with you and anybody else that mails me direct.

We do the lava volcano thing. And the volcano erupts. We also take a bag choc chips = rocks. Melt them in the microwave and pour them out on a cookie sheet. Put them in the refrigerator so they get hard again and break the slab into pieces = rocks. Students think it is great getting to eat the rocks. Another way is take a piece of wax paper and put in the corner of each students desk and pour a bit on each paper and let it harden.

Why did my message take over the number one post? mkk2grade You may want to repost your message so others will answer your question....

hescollin is offline   Reply With Quote

mkk2grade

mkk2grade

Lesson on layers of the Earth?
Old 04-08-2006, 06:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

i need help coming up with some lesson on identify the layers of Earth, including crust, mantle, and core?

any information would be helpful.

davisffwife

Old 04-12-2006, 10:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I would like a copy of the layers of the earth unit! Please tell me how it would be easiest for you to get it to me. Thanks!!
davisffwife is offline   Reply With Quote
teach

teach

earth's layers
Old 04-16-2006, 10:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

You can also take a marshmallow and put a hot tamale in the middle, and then coat it in melted chocolate. My kids love this one!
Micci

Micci

Earth's layers
Old 04-23-2006, 07:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I do something similiar. I bake cupcakes and color the batter three different colors for three different layers. Each child gets their own cupcake and a straw. We use the straw for "core drilling." They get a kick out of finding out what core drilling is about, then the "magic" of seeing that they get the different layers of the earth, and then they break the cupcake in half and eat it! While they are eatting it we get to watch Ms. Frizzle and the Magic School Bus going to the Center of the Earth.