ESL/LEP

Assessments

>

swimwolf21

Assessments
Old 10-02-2012, 07:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi everyone,

I am a new ESL teacher and I have a question regarding how you keep data on your students. I was thinking of creating bar graph charts for my younger students to color in how they progress in learning letter sounds and sight words.

Currently, we have ACCESS, Aimsweb and MAP tests but I wasn't sure if you use anything else besides formative assessments.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

swimwolf21 is offline   Reply With Quote

elltch

Old 10-05-2012, 04:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I keep a binder with all of their reading assessments, running records, DRAs, quartley writing assessments, etc. At the end of each quarter I write a narrative describing where their skills were at the beginning of each quarter compared to the end. They each have an ELL folder with their ACCESS scores from year to year. I collaborate with the classroom teacher on grades given on report cards. If I'm keeping track of weekly grades, like for spelling or vocabulary, I create a chart usually in a Word document, keep track of weekly grades, then give it to the classroom teacher at report card time. That's my system You'll find what works for you. Each year you'll tweek it until you find what works best....although I think each year you'll tweek, no matter what...
elltch is offline   Reply With Quote