Help

National Board Certification

C2 Student Work Samples

>

bespectacled

C2 Student Work Samples
Old 01-01-2020, 08:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Quick question about student work samples for C2. (I am Library Media.)

I know that I need to show the work of two students or two groups of students. However, can the work samples be of different activities?

For example:
Student A Sample 1: Research notes
Student A Sample 2: Canva poster
Student B Sample 1: Written story
Student B Sample 2: Google slideshow

In other words, I am using only 2 students, but the work samples are from 4 different activities. I think this would best show how I differentiated since I did a lot of "voice and choice" in my instructional sequence. Is that allowed?

From my instructions:
"Feature the work of two students or two groups of students in this entry. Select students or groups of students of varying abilities and learning styles. It is important to select students or groups whose work gives you the chance to discuss your own practice. The two students or groups of students you select should represent different student needs, abilities, and interests, thereby posing different challenges to you. Select students or groups of students that allow you to demonstrate your ability to address varied pedagogical strategies and knowledge of content. Remember, you must differentiate instruction for diverse learners."

I am going to try and call NBPTS tomorrow when they are open again, but I am hoping someone here knows the answer!

bespectacled is offline   Reply With Quote

WhyHello

Old 01-01-2020, 12:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

i just looked over your C2 instructions for student work samples, and it's far more vague than for my content area.

it was allowed in my content area (AYA ELA). i had both students do the same activities for work samples, but my instructions explicitly said they could all be different. your instructions don't say one way or the other as far as i can tell. i'm betting that it's perfectly fine, but if you don't get an answer from somebody who knows your content area, it's probably a good idea to ask NBPTS and hope they don't just restate the instructions.

i did notice this:

Quote:
The students may produce a report, a project, a craft, an oral presentation, a musical number, a play, a visual, an exhibit, or a theme day project.
Would the "research notes" activity you mentioned above be considered a project?
WhyHello is offline   Reply With Quote

bespectacled

Old 01-01-2020, 01:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thatís a really good catch, thank you! I have other things I can use instead.

I will try to call tomorrow and get clarification on the work samples. Thanks for your help!

bespectacled

Old 01-02-2020, 06:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I just called NBPTS and of course they couldn't give me an official answer, but they said that it would have been very specific in the instructions if my work samples HAD to be from the same 2 assignments/activities.

Thanks again for the help!

Zia

Old 01-02-2020, 06:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Quote:
they said that it would have been very specific in the instructions if my work samples HAD to be from the same 2 assignments/activities.
Yep! If it is required, the directions will say so.

Zia is offline   Reply With Quote