Career Decisions

Getting a new job by resigning

>

hiker567

hiker567

Getting a new job by resigning
Old 02-20-2016, 07:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi there, could use some advice. I live in Connecticut and teach in a highly urban district. I have great recommendations from the last school district I worked for. This year I am in a new district. While there are many perks of being in this district, I am considering finishing out the year and then resigning before they can get rid of me. Is this going to kill my career? I know if I do not quit they'll get rid of me when they give out letters in March, won't get into the details but I have been forewarned by admin that it is coming.

Is it really difficult to get a new job after resigning?

K12ESLteacher

Old 02-23-2016, 07:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think resining is better than getting fired/non-renewed. With a resignation you will be able to submit a letter in which you explain reasons for resigning. You will be able to explain it to the people you will be interviewing for. Besides, I have met teachers who were able to get jobs right away, or in a while, after they resigned. Either way, you have two choices: resignation or getting fired/non-renewed. Go for resignation.
K12ESLteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tommytwo

Old 03-14-2016, 10:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have resigned from teaching positions before and never had trouble getting another position. Letters of recommendation are important if that is a possibility.
Tommytwo is offline   Reply With Quote