Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Amazon delivery

>

arsabl

Amazon delivery
Old 09-30-2019, 07:08 PM

I donít understand why the Amazon delivery people lie about how a package is delivered. The delivery person constantly notes that my package is handed directly to a resident when, in fact, the package is left directly on my front stoop for all to see.

Iíve complained a number of times to Amazon. If my package is stolen, how could I prove it?

arsabl is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 09-30-2019, 07:23 PM

Theyíre supposed to take a picture of it at delivery. My pictures show the packages on my porch (which is fine with me). What do your pics show?
amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 09-30-2019, 07:32 PM

I've had the exact same experience. I have never received a picture of a package delivered.

There was a period of several weeks when I was still renting/living in my apartment while I was transitioning over to my new place. My apartment was horrible with deliveries, so when I ordered something off Amazon I figured I'd try my luck at delivering to the new house- I was stopping here on my way home from work every day anyways.

One night around 8:00 PM while I was in my apartment, I got a notification my package was delivered with the message that it was handed directly to a resident. Obviously that was cause for concern seeing as how there certainly shouldn't have been any resident home! I started to worry they'd handed it to a neighbor instead or worse yet, there was someone in my house (yes, my anxiety brain makes those leaps). I ended up getting so nervous about it that I drove over to the house to make sure- sure enough, sitting right on my porch. Why lie??

I've ordered more stuff than usual being in a new house, and every single time it is listed as "handed directly to resident" when in fact it is sitting out on my porch. At least it's better than my apartment, where they would not even bother to try to come to my individual door (I know, because a few times I was home all day) and would instead not deliver and try to say the address was wrong. Amazon is definitely not my favorite but there are some things I just can't find easily anywhere else.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 09-30-2019, 08:14 PM

Oh gosh, I apologize. I just checked my last few deliveries and I canít see pictures anymore. Maybe they stopped doing it.

It does say where the package was left, but 1 wasnít accurate. It was my new shower curtain rod (about 4í long) and it says it was left in the residentís mailbox.

Sorry I spoke too soon about pics.
amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 09-30-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
At least it's better than my apartment, where they would not even bother to try to come to my individual door (I know, because a few times I was home all day) and would instead not deliver and try to say the address was wrong.
I live in an apartment and have only had that happen one time, but it was really annoying! Usually they just drop it, knock once, and run! I must have missed the time when pictures were happening, because we've never gotten that.

I don't see where they say how they delivered it, though! Where does that show up? I took over our Amazon account, but it's dh's phone number. Is that where it shows up- on the text messages?

GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

annie_g

Old 09-30-2019, 08:44 PM

Mine is usually accurate. I get a photo of the item on my front porch. Once I did surprise the delivery person because I happened to be coming out of the door right when they walked up. That was correctly noted as handed to a person. I have mostly success with accurate deliveries from Amazon and on time.
annie_g is offline   Reply With Quote

Gromit

Old 09-30-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
I’ve complained a number of times to Amazon. If my package is stolen, how could I prove it?
I'm really surprised by this. I had the same issue - marking "delivered to resident" when it was actually placed in the mailbox - and I called Amazon after the second time. They were apologetic, and it has never happened since.

I would keep calling until you get a rep who does something about it.

I was told at the time that they contract with USPS and that is an issue they've had. When the USPS puts it in the mailbox, they mark "left with resident."

Last edited by Gromit; 10-01-2019 at 05:15 AM..
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 10-01-2019, 02:34 AM

I have had a few things sent by Amazon to my son's new apartment. One was a vacuum cleaner and it said it was left in his mailbox!

I also sent him a new carry-on suitcase the other day and it said it was handed directly to a resident, so now I'm not sure about that.

The third thing was a small box and I got a picture showing it sitting in his doorway.
twinmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Teach 5

Photos
Old 10-01-2019, 02:56 AM

I receive photos but you have to track your package on their website to see the photos. The photos donít appear on the emails.
Teach 5 is offline   Reply With Quote

overthemoon

Old 10-01-2019, 03:09 AM

I actually received a picture last week of a package on my porch, but no package. It was at my neighbors house. We have the same house number but he's in the court and I'm on the adjoining street. Lots of our package deliveries get mixed up. I still haven't figured out why the Amazon picture showed the package on my porch sitting next to my flower pots when it was delivered to the house behind me.

overthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Jackie

Old 10-01-2019, 03:59 AM

That has been happening to me! I also complained to Amazon about it. I love Amazon but Iím worried the packages will be stolen. It happens a lot in my town. During the holidays I have packages delivered to my in-laws house since there is always someone home to get the packages.
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote

arsabl

Old 10-01-2019, 04:43 AM

I like the pictures when the delivery person uses them. It seems like the delivery people in unmarked vehicles take more pictures. The ones in the big blue Amazon van donít and lie about delivery.

I check my orders section on Amazon to see how itís noted as delivered.

My son argued about delivery of a package once. A picture was taken of the delivery but it wasnít his porch. Amazon kept arguing about the picture proud. My son kept arguing about the difference between that porch picture and his porch. He finally won and Amazon replaced his order.

Iíve contacted Amazon twice about this in the past two days. They say itís isolated incident.
arsabl is offline   Reply With Quote

MathWA

Ring doorbell
Old 10-01-2019, 04:49 AM

We recently bought a ring doorbell from Costco. It takes head on pics of anyone who walks up to our porch. Deliveries? No question about where and when the package was delivered. Thiefs? Got em syraight on camera. Works for us!
MathWA is offline   Reply With Quote

knit1purl2

Pictures are funny
Old 10-01-2019, 05:01 PM

When there is no picture taken, the item is hidden from view from the street. When they take a picture, they seem to want the doormat in the picture. Then the item can be viewed from far away.

I did just see Amazon lockers at a Rite Aid store. I have no problems with packages disappearing.
knit1purl2 is offline   Reply With Quote

forkids2

Old 10-02-2019, 03:17 AM

I had this happen a few times, but it was the USPS employee - I figure not Amazon's fault. I liked it better in the past when they just used UPS for all deliveries in my area. I know the post office needs the business, but UPS is just more prompt and reliable in this area.
forkids2 is offline   Reply With Quote