Help

Substitute Teachers

Great First Day!

>

aly7123

Great First Day!
Old 08-30-2010, 03:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So today was the first day of school and the first day of my long term position in sixth grade. The day went great...a lot better than I expected! I was nervous because I thought they wouldn't behave and because I've never started the year off in a classroom but they came in and sat quietly for the whole day. I think I only had to stop once the whole day because someone was talking while I was teaching. I think they may have been subdued by the new, very strict dress code though lol.

The only downside of the day was the "missed bus duty" I had to do because the teacher I'm in for is assigned to that for the first marking period. Basically I sit in the office and do the secretary's job. I'm only supposed to be there until 4 but today I was there until 4:30 because a lot of kids got on the wrong buses and a lot of parents were calling looking for their kids. Hopefully things will settle down with that tomorrow and I won't be there past 4!

I'm really hoping tomorrow goes as well as today did! :-)

aly7123 is offline   Reply With Quote

sunshine*inc

Old 08-31-2010, 11:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It's wonderful that you had a great first day. How long will you be in this long-term assignment.?
sunshine*inc is offline   Reply With Quote

aly7123

Old 09-01-2010, 12:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

It's kinda iffy...it could be up to six weeks but it depends on how the teacher feels and what her doctor says. I know she definitely doesn't want to be out the full six weeks though. I am enjoying myself in sixth grade though and don't want it to end haha.

However, the school librarian is going on maternity leave in November so I have my eye on that long term position lol.
aly7123 is offline   Reply With Quote