Help

The VENT

Feeling sick (coughing)

>

Violet4

Feeling sick (coughing)
Old 09-23-2019, 02:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Fairly certain it's bronchitis. I have an evaluation meeting on Thursday and don't want to take a sick day right before it but I am feeling pretty miserable.

This year has been brutal already I'm just here for moral support. I'm seriously worried.

I'm doing all I can to help myself which is getting me through one day at a time but I'm so dejected and humiliated by the situation that I'm in.

There is a job offer waiting for me in June as I mentioned. My family is going to do everything they can to stop me and even though I'm an adult that is freaking me out too. I don't need my family hating me when I'm this low.

I hate to be "that" person, I don't actually think that I'm a loser I'm just so tired and I don't feel like I can catch a break. Been climbing uphill for awhile now, for one reason or another.

Violet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

IA11

Old 09-23-2019, 03:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Please go to Urgent Care or your doc today to get some meds! You’ve got a lot going on — and not feeling well can make everything else seem even worse.

It sounds like you have made a decision about your job — stick to it — and get there one day at a time! Count down the days to each break and holiday.

I hope you feel better soon! <<<hugs!>>>
IA11 is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 09-23-2019, 05:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I agree with going to urgent care. If you need to, do it right after school so you don't need a sub. Better taking off earlier in the week than ending up needing to do it Wed.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

Coopsgrammy

Cough
Old 09-23-2019, 07:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

So sorry you are feeling ill. Have you ever had any asthma issues? I ask because last week I was hit with what I thought was a sudden chest cold with a deep cough. It hit fast, and I was miserable. I have had asthma in the past, but didn't think about it. I finally started using my inhaler - wow! It helped - a lot! I still have a bit of a cough, but it is so much better.

I looked up asthma cough on google. I guess it is a variant, and often the cough is the only real symptom. It can be triggered by allergies, weather/pressure changes, strong emotion...

Just a thought. Feel better soon!

https://www.webmd.com/asthma/guide/c...riant-asthma#1
Coopsgrammy is offline   Reply With Quote

Violet4

I feel a little better
Old 09-23-2019, 07:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Fingers crossed. I'm all about taking care of myself but I was hoping to make it at least until the end of the quarter before needing a sick day.

forkids2

Old 09-23-2019, 11:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Kahlua is right, it would be better to take a day off and rest tomorrow than keep going and be really sick Wednesday and Thursday. Urgent care is a good idea too.
forkids2 is offline   Reply With Quote

travelingfar

Question
Old 09-23-2019, 02:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Why is your family going to stop you from getting the new job in June? I'm confused.
travelingfar is offline   Reply With Quote

Violet4

Travelingfar
Old 09-23-2019, 03:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

It's a little tough to explain. They would get angry at me for taking a lower-paying job. I know it's not good I'm treated like a child still in many ways. No they can't stop me necessarily but they can make my life H E double hockey sticks.

Last edited by Violet4; 09-23-2019 at 05:57 PM..

Violet4

Went to Urgent Care
Old 09-23-2019, 06:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Got my antibiotics as well as two other prescribed meds. Whatever gets the job done

TAOEP

Old 09-23-2019, 07:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I hope the meds work and you are feeling much better.

As far as the family pressure about taking a lower paying job--if the family isn't financially supporting you, it's none of their business. No need to discuss with ANYONE how much money you earn. At least in my family, that was never a topic of conversation. I never knew how much my father earned--and I don't remember ever telling him what I was earning either.

(Although I did find his pay stub from 1949 today. $152. I think that was his pay twice a month.)

TAOEP is offline   Reply With Quote

Violet4

Taoep
Old 09-24-2019, 02:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Well... It's not a secret in my family that up until 2 years ago I was struggling to make ends meet. The apartment I was in was over my budget but I didn't want to come to terms with that, eventually I did. I made adjustments so that now my cost of living is decreased in half which they were proud of me for doing. It makes sense that they would be concerned about a pay cut.

It wouldn't be my salary forever though you get raises. There are also benefits and a 401k I made sure of that.

As I'm typing this I'm getting anxious that my family will put the pressure on so thick that I'll buckle. They do know how miserable the job has made me lately and have even admitted that they understand why I'm so upset... I'm hoping if I tough it through the year and save up that they will be more understanding than I anticipate. I know I don't need their permission but I would like their support.

Last edited by Violet4; 09-24-2019 at 10:22 AM..

travelingfar

What to Do
Old 09-24-2019, 04:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

You are an adult and can decide what the best job is for you. Your family can choose to support you or not, but you need to take care of yourself.

I'm sorry things are hard.
travelingfar is offline   Reply With Quote