Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Pneumonia symptoms

>

kyteacher1

Pneumonia symptoms
Old 07-11-2018, 12:25 AM

I have pain in middle of my back that spreads around to the side of my left breast. Very painful when I move a certain way or when I breathe deeply. My doctor sent me for chest X-ray & my diagnosis is pneumonia. No other symptoms. Seems weird. Last time I had it I was very very sick with violent coughing, congestion, and acute bronchitis that went into pneumonia.

This time I donít have any of that, except pain.
Hope I got the correct diagnosis

kyteacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote

noonespecial

Old 07-11-2018, 02:31 AM

I hope you feel better soon. Pneumonia can be exhausting and you need to take care of yourself.

I am sure itís the right diagnosis since it was confirmed with an X-ray. My DD was diagnosed with walking pneumonia. She, too, didnít have the ďnormalĒ symptoms.

Sending hugs for a speedy recovery.
noonespecial is offline   Reply With Quote

EllaKate

Old 07-11-2018, 04:39 AM

I'm sure it's correct since you had an x-ray.

Feel better! My DH had no symptoms except for the same as you (painful when moving or breathing) and he had pneumonia also.

Rest, rest, rest!
EllaKate is offline   Reply With Quote

linda2671

I had pneumonia like that
Old 07-11-2018, 04:53 AM

I had pneumonia with the exact symptoms you're describing. I didn't feel sick in the morning. Mowed the lawn, had a family gathering, grilled burgers on the grill, and then while we were eating, I started to have that pain in my back and started chilling and running a fever. I went in to the doctor and found that it was pneumonia.
linda2671 is offline   Reply With Quote

chipmunky

I had pneumonia
Old 07-11-2018, 06:24 AM

and didn't have any symptoms except being very tired and exhausted all the time. I was confused because I always went to the gym after work and felt a lot better after exercising. My doctor sent me for an xray and found out it was pneumonia. Symptoms really vary.
I have had pneumonia 3 times and each time the symptoms were completely different.

*the first time my doctor wanted me to go to the hospital, but because I had a toddler and baby at home he told me to just rest, but if I had labored breathing I had to go to the ER right away. The first night I woke up feeling a very heavy chest and I was having trouble breathing. I woke up my DH in a panic saying I needed to get to the ER His calm reaction was...how about I remove the cat who is sleeping on your chest first and then see how you feel. I was fine.
CATS! You gotta love them, but they are plotting to kill you.

chipmunky is offline   Reply With Quote

TeacherPK6

Old 07-11-2018, 07:26 AM

Yikes, I'm glad you got checked out. I hope that you're feeling back to normal soon!

Quote:
the first night I woke up feeling a very heavy chest and I was having trouble breathing. I woke up my DH in a panic saying I needed to get to the ER His calm reaction was...how about I remove the cat who is sleeping on your chest first and then see how you feel. I was fine.

That is hilarious! Glad you were ok.
TeacherPK6 is offline   Reply With Quote

kyteacher1

I have been very very tired
Old 07-11-2018, 01:44 PM

So I guess that explains it. I started my anabioticís so hopefully Iíll be better soon. That cat story was so funny I have three cats. Two are kittens, but my other one Is 7 yrs old. I woke up a few weeks ago and he was asleep on my hip and I swear it felt like somebody was pressing down on me like to hurt me. I couldnít figure out what was going on until I realized it was my 18 pound cat cuddling with me.
kyteacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 07-11-2018, 06:53 PM

I am sure pneumonia can present itself in different ways depending upon the type, exactly where in the lungs its located and things like that. Take care of yourself. I have had it twice and exhaustion was the most prominent symptom once the fever broke. Feel better SOON!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote