Help

Teachers' Lounge

Saturday game - 3 Smiles & 1 Frown

>

kyteacher1

Saturday game - 3 Smiles & 1 Frown
Old 09-28-2018, 11:37 PM

Easy rules....share
3 things that have made u smile or laugh recently (anything goes)
1 thing that made u sad or mad

1. My friend told me a story...she couldn’t figure out how to work the new fancy coffee machine in her break room & her work buddies told her it was voice activated. She fell for it & yelled “I need a cup of coffee”. Immediately realized they totally got her.
2. My 6 month old kitten was sitting on my DHs back (DH was laying face down on the bed) kitten laid down with his head near DHs butt & my DH farted. Kitten jumped up, stared at said butt cocked his head with the funniest quizzical look. Then sprinted from the room.
3. Season premiere of Big Bang Theory. Still this show.

I have bronchitis & feel terrible. Can’t sleep. Can’t stop coughing.

kyteacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 09-29-2018, 02:28 AM

1. One of my students, whose sister I had and I absolutely loved her quirky sense of humor and comments, told me when she was little she used to sleep with a tea bag haha Yep, they are definately related!!

2. We won Red Sox tickets in a raffle the other day and were able to give the tickets to DS who lives 2 blocks from Fenway. Unfortunately it was the second game of the doubleheader Wed. and they lost pretty badly. Oh well.

3. I met a very sweet cat at the Humane Society yesterday and I'm getting him today :-) didn't think this would happen so soon.

4. I lost my very sweet cat of 17 years last weekend.
twinmom95 is online now   Reply With Quote

lisa53

Old 09-29-2018, 02:45 AM

1. I got a huge tip for giving a museum tour yesterday.

2. My very resilient niece (she has a master's in wildlife biology but can't get a job due to federal political priorities closing off most environmental related jobs, so she is making a good income writing personal finance articles) just won $1000 at FinCon!

3. My ex-dsil, who was badly injured in a terrible accident a few weeks ago, is on his feet and violating doctor's orders like a true ex-Marine. It's great to see him up and about.

Dh is declining. He is now on hospice and likely has only a few weeks to live. I am very grateful for the hospice team and their help, for our friends who have been supporting us in prayer for the past year, and for medical cannabis...(for him, not me)
lisa53 is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

game
Old 09-29-2018, 03:15 AM

Watching my 15 yr old grandson SIT watching the football game
with the a bevy of girls surrounding him. So much for quiet resting with his concussion.
DF texting me she is going to like her new non educated related job. First Day was pajama day.
Seeing and hearing the love 4 children and 19 grandchildren had for their Dad and Mom. Their Dad's memorial service was last night.
Hearing DH say he is done playing the piano in public. His college degree was in music so he has been performing for over 50 years. He was so stressed practicing and then playing the music for the memorial/funeral service last night. I thought it was because the man was a church friend of ours.
mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

arsabl

Game
Old 09-29-2018, 04:20 AM

Smiles
1. A boy student told a girl student that girls are not strong. She pinched his nose and made him cry. I helped the two apologize. The girl's feelings were hurt by the boy's comment. The boy would only admit that girls are sometimes strong but his dad is stronger!

2. Played with my dog using the laser pointer. She's hilarious chasing that thing around the house.

Frown
3. I am suffering from vertigo again! Ugh! The world needs to stop moving. Why is this happening? I seem to have an episode a couple times a month.

arsabl is offline   Reply With Quote

kyteacher1

Hope to read more
Old 09-29-2018, 04:32 AM

Thanks proteacher friends. As I lie here feeling so bad these posts have been fun to read. Well, the smiles are fun. The frowns are sad, but I did it this way because so many of us (myself included) tend to focus on the negative stuff that brings us down. It’s important to remember those events, no matter how small, that make us smile! I hope to read more today.
kyteacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 09-29-2018, 05:01 AM

The seascape mural an artist is painting on 2 walls around our tiny condo pool is gorgeous and calming.

My new phone and wireless ears are amazing! A phone that holds a charge!

Yesterday I took 2 walks totaling 8 miles. On the second walk I had a cheeseburger and fries. I LOVE cheeseburgers and fries.

Via Benefits.

Last edited by amiga13; 09-29-2018 at 05:41 AM.. Reason: Forgot the yum
amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

bookgeek59

Old 09-29-2018, 05:42 AM

1- I had my first library family event of the year and we all had so much fun!
2- I pulled in to the drive the other evening after staying at work sort of late. It had been raining most of the day, and from under a bush I see a little set of green eyes looking my way. Gus Cat had gotten out that morning and was in the rain all day. I took him in with me and toweled him off. He laid down on the fireplace hearth like I was supposed to start a fire just for him. Instead I threw our fleece throw in the dryer for a few minutes and he crawled up in it and fell asleep. Sweet Gus boy!
3- I've been friends on FB with someone for about a year and last night we met in person for the first time. Fun!

Frownie time:
I slept like total poo last night.
bookgeek59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 09-29-2018, 06:09 AM

Three Smiles
  • I re-vamped how I teach handwriting to Kinders and it is AMAZING! It only took me 12 years to figure this out.
  • Sometimes, kids draw something that makes sense to them, but adults see something else. See pic below. Also, I love my job!
  • My good friend was sub-letting a place after her divorce and just signed papers to buy a house.

Frown
  • I'm sick. Nothing major, but I haz the Kindergarten crud. I'm tired of boogers and it's not even been 24 hours yet. Tis the season when you live in a petri dish.
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

bookgeek59

Tia
Old 09-29-2018, 06:33 AM

Ah, the joy of kindergarten penis art! I get to see my share as a prek-5 librarian. I always feel so cultured and refined when I am afforded the opportunity to view this genre!

bookgeek59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Paddlegurl

Old 09-29-2018, 08:44 AM

- DD is saying new words all of the time. The latest ones have been "nose," "fish" and "please."

- I dragged myself to our staff party last night even though it was rainy and I didn't feel great. I had a really good time and I'm glad I went. I'm at a new school with a lot of staff close to my age and I feel like I might actually be making some friends.

- DH is finally assembling the bench that has been sitting in the box for 2 months.

- We have a board-wide PD session this week. It looks interesting, but is going to be a long day. We are supposed to take busses to the venue because parking is limited, though some of my colleagues are talking about carpooling. I get anxious about long drives and both the bus and carpool options are making me worry.
Paddlegurl is offline   Reply With Quote

crazy4catz

Old 09-29-2018, 08:56 AM

1. Watching my DH get actively involved in the gun fight in Tombstone. Hilarious!
2. Seeing my kitties after being gone for 4 days.
3. Bible journaling class

My son and DH getting sick after our trip to IL.
crazy4catz is offline   Reply With Quote

iteachk2010

Old 09-29-2018, 10:08 AM

3 Smiles:
  • I made it through September in kindergarten. Sept can be so exhausting, but I love my students and my job.
  • I work with the best group of grade-level colleagues. We have different personalities and teaching styles. We are in different stages of life-single, newly married, married for a long time, widowed, childless, have children, and are different ages-late twenties, mid-thirties, forties and 50+. We share ideas, encourage and support each other. We genuinely care about each other. I am so fortunate.
  • When I got home from school on Friday night, my son had cooked spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. I didn't even have to think about what to make for dinner.

1 Frown:

Financial situation
_______________________________ ______________________________

Zia, what are you doing differently with handwriting this year?
iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

iteachk2010
Old 09-29-2018, 10:18 AM

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll PM you instead!
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 09-29-2018, 11:56 AM

My sister in-law sent me a beautiful card with a sweet message.
DD sent a very loving text today.
My co-teacher (VPK) did everything that needed to be done before she left yesterday so I wouldn't have to go in today.

Today is what would have been my mom's and dad's 62nd wedding anniversary. The memories are causing me to feel so sad.

Nancy

BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

MissTrace

Old 09-29-2018, 02:36 PM

My dog is cuddled up to me, sleeping, and having quite the dream. Her paws and ears are twitching, and I think I even heard a little growl.
The cat has chosen to nap on the couch with us today. She's been sleeping in the funniest positions!
I have a fake fireplace in my classroom this year. My little kinders and first graders have been "warming" themselves by the fire. It's been around 90 degrees this week.

My hometown fair is this weekend. DH and I had planned to go but we are both under the weather and staying home.
MissTrace is offline   Reply With Quote