Got A Job Offer But Need Advice Asap - ProTeacher Community




Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help


      New Teachers

Got A Job Offer But Need Advice Asap

>

Reply
 
Thread Tools
mehtarm mehtarm is offline
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 127
Full Member

mehtarm
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 127
Full Member
Got A Job Offer But Need Advice Asap
Old 07-27-2007, 06:23 AM
 
Clip to ScrapBook #1

i got a job offer in a well known charter school as a 2nd grade teacher yesterday and have to schedule an appt to do all my paperwork if i want the job.

i would take it, however, i also had an interview for a permanent 3rd grade teacher position in the county i live in (so its only 15 min. away) and i really liked it and i feel positive. what should i do? they are going to send 4 resumes to the supt today or mon. and then those 4 will be contacted for an int. do should i make the charter school wait? i don't know if i will get called back to meet with the supt as of yet beign that the int was only yesterday


mehtarm is offline   Reply With Quote

bri's Avatar
bri bri is offline
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 429
Full Member

bri
 
bri's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 429
Full Member

Old 07-27-2007, 06:42 AM
 
Clip to ScrapBook #2

Ask them to wait for a few days. It's hard to hard to ask, that's one of the issues I have, , but I think it's best in situations like that. It never hurts to ask. If they won't wait, then you'll have to weigh your options, which sucks, but it happens.
Good Luck!
bri is offline   Reply With Quote
BirdSong's Avatar
BirdSong BirdSong is offline
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 649
Senior Member

BirdSong
 
BirdSong's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 649
Senior Member

Old 07-27-2007, 06:53 AM
 
Clip to ScrapBook #3

You could schedule an appointment for a while from now. If you think you will hear something about the 3rd grade position within a week, then schedule the other appointment for 2 weeks from now.
BirdSong is offline   Reply With Quote
thing1thing2's Avatar
thing1thing2 thing1thing2 is offline
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 883
Senior Member

thing1thing2
 
thing1thing2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 883
Senior Member
-Aree W/ Bird Song-
Old 07-27-2007, 09:31 PM
 
Clip to ScrapBook #4

Schedule the appointment for week and half or 2 weeks away. If you have to make yourself 'go out of town' for a few days, go out of town and tell the Charter school you'll be out of town (be honest). 15 minutes away from home means a lot considering the price of gas .

I am praying that whem my time comes I'll be able to 'walk or skip' to work. I commute 30 mins 1 way everyday now. I would hold off until I can snag that other interview and see what happens

Try and keep your options open as long as possible.
Best wishes. Let us know how it turns out.
thing1thing2 is offline   Reply With Quote
GatorMan GatorMan is offline
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 66
Junior Member

GatorMan
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 66
Junior Member
Hello
Old 07-28-2007, 06:44 AM
 
Clip to ScrapBook #5

As I always say, take the job offer you have. So many people have "good feelings" about an offer then they are shocked when they don't get it. The only way I wouldn't take the first job offer is if you automatically dislike the job b/c of its location, money, etc.


GatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Join the conversation! Post as a guest or become a member today. New members welcome!

Reply

 

>
New Teachers
Thread Tools




Sign Up Now

Sign Up FREE | ProTeacher Help | BusyBoard

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:25 PM.

Copyright © 2017 ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net