Help

New Teachers

Got A Job Offer But Need Advice Asap

>

mehtarm

Got A Job Offer But Need Advice Asap
Old 07-27-2007, 06:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

i got a job offer in a well known charter school as a 2nd grade teacher yesterday and have to schedule an appt to do all my paperwork if i want the job.

i would take it, however, i also had an interview for a permanent 3rd grade teacher position in the county i live in (so its only 15 min. away) and i really liked it and i feel positive. what should i do? they are going to send 4 resumes to the supt today or mon. and then those 4 will be contacted for an int. do should i make the charter school wait? i don't know if i will get called back to meet with the supt as of yet beign that the int was only yesterday

mehtarm is offline   Reply With Quote

bri

Old 07-27-2007, 06:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Ask them to wait for a few days. It's hard to hard to ask, that's one of the issues I have, , but I think it's best in situations like that. It never hurts to ask. If they won't wait, then you'll have to weigh your options, which sucks, but it happens.
Good Luck!
bri is offline   Reply With Quote

BirdSong

Old 07-27-2007, 06:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You could schedule an appointment for a while from now. If you think you will hear something about the 3rd grade position within a week, then schedule the other appointment for 2 weeks from now.
BirdSong is offline   Reply With Quote

thing1thing2

-Aree W/ Bird Song-
Old 07-27-2007, 09:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Schedule the appointment for week and half or 2 weeks away. If you have to make yourself 'go out of town' for a few days, go out of town and tell the Charter school you'll be out of town (be honest). 15 minutes away from home means a lot considering the price of gas .

I am praying that whem my time comes I'll be able to 'walk or skip' to work. I commute 30 mins 1 way everyday now. I would hold off until I can snag that other interview and see what happens

Try and keep your options open as long as possible.
Best wishes. Let us know how it turns out.
thing1thing2 is offline   Reply With Quote

GatorMan

Hello
Old 07-28-2007, 06:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

As I always say, take the job offer you have. So many people have "good feelings" about an offer then they are shocked when they don't get it. The only way I wouldn't take the first job offer is if you automatically dislike the job b/c of its location, money, etc.

GatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote