New Teachers

i need some help

>

starry

starry

i need some help
Old 05-01-2006, 08:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I really need some help! As a 2nd year teacher, I am looking for a job in a different school district(i am getting homesick and would like to live closer to my family, plus I teach in a dangerous neighborhood now)....I have noticed the other teachers have been bringing "portfolios" to the job interviews ......I even read if I get callled back for a 2nd interview, I could show my "portfolio".

Anyone have any advice on how to make a portfolio (not electronically) for a job interview????? I really need some help! Thanks!

Starry

V-Ice

This is what I've done....
Old 05-08-2006, 08:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have been teaching for 3 years now, but I am always updating my portfolio ( a big binder!). I had to make one for my program through college, so these are some things that I was told to put in there as well as some things I thought would help. I include a copy of my resume(always bring extra copies to hand out when you go on an interview), cover letter, reference letters, my obervation sheets filled out by my principal. I take pictures every year and include pictures with captions in my portfolio as well. Interview committees love seeing you work with the students, so try to include photos and examples of student work as well. I have a copy of my license in there, tests that I have passed in order to get my license...etc. I am currently looking for another job and have things in there when I student taught....so start collecting! I have all of my classroom photos in there, my warm fuzzies (things that my kids have given me or parents have given me that put a huge smile on my face when I'm having a bad day.) Um..that's all I can think of at the top of my head. Hope this helps...good luck. I know its hard looking for a job and sometimes they would like to see your portfolio and sometimes they don't. It all depends on the district. Anything else? Ask Away!
V-Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sabrina456

Sabrina456

Old 05-20-2006, 05:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I would include detailed snapshots of what your classroom would be like. In my portfolio, I have a classroom mgmt. section that includes copies of rules, consequenses, lists of rewards, etc. Copies of posters that keep the kids in check. I would include pictures of great projects. The portfolio should be a representation of you-what type of teacher are you? I also have a section of interest that shows what types of things would be done for the school-do you participate in PTA? What did you do for them inthe past? The School Advisory Committees or Leadership roles? Hope this helps.