Help

Magnolia Room

How's everything going?

>

damarnfl

How's everything going?
Old 11-25-2011, 06:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Just thought I'd post this, as this board has been very slow lately. Just wondering how RC is going for all the newbies (even though this is my second year, I consider myself a newbie) this year?

I know that one of my major things I need to work on was Apology of Action. I feel I've done a better job of it this year. Not perfect, but definitely better. I had a student yesterday who was having a problem with another student and asked the other student to go and do an Apology of Action. I was so proud.

I also read Parents and Teachers Working Together this summer and have implemented Wonderful Wednesdays every second week. I've had a few parents drop in, but not as many as I would have thought. They mostly seem to come at the end of the day. I would have thought they'd like to see Daily 5, Math Workstations or Writer's Workshop. They all take place in the morning. Well there's still 6 months left so maybe it will be more popular in the new year.

At this time last year I began to not like the logical consequences as they did not seem to be working and started using the clip chart system again. That worked, but I vowed to work harder at making the logical consequences work for me. I'm doing a much better job of being consistent (I think that was my downfall last year). It's better and I'm not feeling like I need to use my clip chart.

Any ways, I thought I'd see how everyone else was doing. I know RSquirrel was talking in the summer about doing Apology of Action better. How's it going?

kendrick

help
Old 08-09-2012, 01:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I teach a life skills program I am new to chat rooms etc. I am looking for other life skills teachers that would like to form a chat room.
Just to be connected to others as most community based programs never seem to be able to connect with anyone very well. Any thoughts? Thanks! Kendrick