Help

Magnolia Room

Get to Know You Games/Activities

>

Tea"cheer"

Get to Know You Games/Activities
Old 08-31-2012, 01:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am team-teaching a multiage 2-3 classroom this year. My colleague and I both have two student teachers, so there are 4 adults in our room of 41 children. My question is in regards to playing these games. Should we always try to do the entire group of 41 at a time? Do we only do half at a time? Should they be divided up between two of the teachers or even all 4? We would then mix the groups up a lot so that eventually they know all kids. Some of these questions just didn't pop into my mind until now. I don't want kids to get bored of playing a game while waiting for all 41 kids to say their name or whatever, you know what I mean? Building up our community is going to be SO important. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!

gam327

games
Old 09-01-2012, 05:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That's a lot of kids! But fortunately you also have a lot of adults. I'd do a mix with a few whole group activities but a lot of medium and small group activities. That way everyone will get to know everyone else.

Last edited by gam327; 09-01-2012 at 04:32 PM..

damarnfl

Me too
Old 09-02-2012, 08:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm glad you asked that. I was wondering the same thing. My teaching partner and I have 45 Grade 1s & 2s mixed together with only the two of us. I knew we weren't doing "Do You Wanna Buy a Duck?" this year .
I went through all the greetings & group activities and made a list of ones that involve all the students rather than going around the circle. I'm hoping I don't run out.