Help

Magnolia Room

Responsive Classroom I

>

twiceblessed

Responsive Classroom I
Old 08-13-2012, 08:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am attending Responsive Classroom I in Falls Church, Va. Is anyone else from PT attending? I have some coworkers with me and we are in different rooms. Afterwards we did some comparsion and just like with any other professional development some presenters are better than others. I am looking forward to the next four days.

If you have attended Responsive Classroom I, what were your thoughts?

*Fairydust*

Old 08-15-2012, 07:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Loved it..I have taken RC 1 and RC 2 and have taken the assessment to become a school trainer. Love RC so much.

RC for me made me take a step back and really examine how I speak to my students. It also made me re-examime my behavior plans and rules. I love the whole idea of rule creation and hopes and dreams. The kids LOVE helping to create their own rules. Kids need to behave because it's right...not for a reward.

Morning Meeting is the best thing invented. What a nice way to start the day. Kids really look forward to starting the day off on a positive note. The morning messages get hard to keep up with--but I make myself do it before I leave each day. Keeping it interactive is tricky too, but I manage.

Love the "take a break" spot where kids go to calm down. The kids go on their own and come back on their own. This is so much better than punishments.

In general, RC has helped me create a quality, positive community in my room. Students are kinder..I am more patient and tolerant and they are learning to achieve their hopes and dreams..which are usually academic...so student progress has gone up too!

RC 2 is more academics..wonderful as well! take that if you can.

teacherhil

Trainer
Old 09-21-2012, 07:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hi! Could you tell me how you go about becoming an RC trainer? I have taught the RC approach since 1993 and would love to look into this. Thanks very much! Hilary