Help

Teachers' Lounge

Help with Scraping!

>

Suecat1

Help with Scraping!
Old 07-20-2019, 08:00 AM

Help!

I know there are some expert painters out there! I have seen the posts before! I have finally gotten my husband to say he will help paint the bathroom (and I have time in the summer). I am scraping, but have run into some problems!

Can anyone give me some tips on how to remove stubborn paint that doesn't want to move?

Thanks in advance!

SueCat1

Suecat1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Renea

Old 07-20-2019, 08:21 AM

I've found my best tips on YouTube. It depends on what type of paint you're scraping and if it's on wood, plaster or ?. Sometimes i've used a blow torch. Sometimes I've used paint remover. Sometimes I've tried just scraping with a sharp-edged tool. Every situation is different but there are hundreds of great suggestions on YouTube.

I have found that the employees at Home Depot have great suggestions for my specific problems. You could check with them.

Don't give up on perfecting the surface for painting. That's the toughest part of painting. Good prep work makes the job look great!

Hope you find some good answers to your painting problem.
Renea is online now   Reply With Quote

whiteturtle

Old 07-20-2019, 08:28 AM

I bought a steamer when I redid some of my rooms. It was about $45 but it made the job so much easier. Could you close the door and run hot water, creating steam in the room? Let it like that for a bit then try again. I'd try that before buying anything.
whiteturtle is offline   Reply With Quote