Magnolia Room

Parents and Teachers Working Together

>

maryw

Parents and Teachers Working Together
Old 08-01-2011, 02:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello-
I noticed several people mentioned they were ordering this book. Did you get a chance to read it? Do you think it is worthwhile?

I'm currently reading 1st 6 Weeks and think it is excellent. I have Morning Meeting set aside also. I read a little bit of Positive Discipline- a Teachers A-Z guide. All of these were available through my public library- yeah! I did order Teaching Children to Care and started it but found it a little dry so will pick it up again soon as I'm sure there is good material in it - just probably wasn't in the mood when I started it.

I am getting really excited about starting the year with this approach. I don't feel my classroom management is what it should be, as I tend to not be as consistent as I should. The students enjoy my class but I feel transitions take too long and I ended up feeling cranky at the end of the year. I've also been doing some reading on formative assessment and setting standards a little higher so am excited for the year to begin.

Any input you have on Parents & Teachers working together would be appreciated.

Mrs. R :)

Essential to your library
Old 08-02-2011, 04:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Principle #6:
Knowing the families of the children we teach
and working with them as partners is essential
to children’s education.

The book will help you apply this principle and shift your thinking about your work with families. Many practical ideas and great templates for letters and other forms of communication with parents. Excellent ideas for how to share the RC Approach with your families and more. Get it!