this is what comes of accomplishing a task... - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

this is what comes of accomplishing a task...

>

tia

this is what comes of accomplishing a task...
Old 07-21-2019, 05:50 AM

a bit rambly...

for about 3 months now, i've needed to change my Apple ID--a reminder popped up on my phone several times a day. (it was my school email address as i used itunes for music and apps for school.)

well, apparently the district will be "using" those addresses starting the 22nd. ( I would be the only using it since it's MY address with MY name in the email addy.)

anyway, it's been one of those things i've been putting off. about a week ago, i tried to change it to our family email (which basically just gets junk email), but apparently (don't recall doing this...) that is our BACK UP email in Apple. huh. i find it strange that you have to have TWO email addresses. do most people have two email addresses? (i guess i have two, but the one is work)

the computer asked me if i wanted to use one of my sons', so i said yes. it said INVALID. spoke to son, and he said, oh, change that to gmail--same address. it also said INVALID. oh, he said, cause I'M using it already.

so now i have to create a fake email that i will never use (but probably have to agree to something when i add music...?)

when our district went to all Google, i already had a gmail account (in order to get some coupon or deal--i had never used it) and it was a big pain trying to get my school email address set up correctly because of that, so i think i just deleted that one--so had some trepidation about creating new gmail account.

played around online to see if i could set up a new free email--something about Cloud...but i couldn't get it to work. so i asked son again (23 YO) who told me to JUST GO TO THE GENIUS BAR AT APPLE. oh.

after checking to make sure it would be free (and collecting coupons for stuff at Michael's and Kohl's--because God forbid i take a trip ALL the way out to the mall for just ONE thing)---i walked into the apple store---oh my--crowded!

kid helped me--pretty quickly--not condescending at all--i have to delete all my apps (only have about 10--he was impressed they were all on one screen ) he even started to delete and redownload them one by one when we were finished. (i told him that i could do that myself, he really didn't need to.)

so...here we are this morning--i wake up and recall a dream, so i pull out my phone to type it up in my Notes--where i have been keeping track of dreams this summer just for fun.

--I HAVE NO NOTES, YOU GUYS-- and i've been trying to find them in my Cloud...but not having any luck. i am pretty calm (as i lost my phone twice before--think i threw them both out on accident--not iphones--and lost all those Notes as well. i'm getting used to just losing stuff) but i'm lamenting the possible loss of a list of books/videos to check out; christmas gift ideas; dreams; my super-long list of found money; lists of things to do, and some other good stuff i'm sure.....

i haven't exhausted all attempts to find, and i'll call Apple later (it's still early here and i got up on accident so already crabby)

so that's what i get for finally taking care of a small task.

Last edited by tia; 07-21-2019 at 06:25 AM..
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 07-21-2019, 06:10 AM

OMG! I’m sorry for you, but....misery loves company. Similar problem here.

I keep getting that update notice on my phone, too, for an ancient email addy I haven’t had for many many years (and 2 phones ago). I can’t sign into it because it doesn’t recognize any of my passwords. I can’t figure out how to change it to my current (10 year) email because I’m locked out of the old account. It made me crazy on-and-off all day yesterday.

Advice for me is welcome!

Last edited by amiga13; 07-21-2019 at 06:28 AM..
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

forkids2

Old 07-21-2019, 08:19 AM

I had the same type of issues with Apple / itunes when I used it for my school ipads. I had to call the help desk to get it straightened out when I couldn't get in on itunes. I don't like Apple because of the constant hassle it was to use it. When I recently got a new personal tablet I went with an android and it is so much easier to download apps and do everything.
forkids2 is online now   Reply With Quote