record keeping help!!!

>

Closed Thread

melissa M.

melissa M.

record keeping help!!!
Old 10-10-2005, 01:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

i teach high school special ed and i need help with record keeping. as we all know, its about documentation. are we working on our iep goalsl, meeting them, and how....

does anyone know a good website or have a good idea for record keeping of individual IEP goals and progress ??

thanks...the help is greatly appreciated.

Cally

Cally

I could use help too
Old 10-13-2005, 03:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I also need help in finding a good way to document. We are needing to document everything that goes on in the day and we do not have enough staffing to do so. We need to document in order to get more staff but alas there is no time. Thanks for the help.

mandy79

Documenting
Old 10-14-2005, 08:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have hanging file folders in my room for each one of my students. When we do an assignment that I feel demonstrates mastery or atleast an improvement on an IEP goal I mark on the paper for the students to put it in their folder. That way I'm not constantly documenting but I'm saving information that I can show parents that we are making progress. My students love looking in the folder when their parents come in too. Hope it helps!

jan27

Record Keeping
Old 10-15-2005, 07:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hi Melissa:

I have a combination of record keeping systems. I have a schedule for each student drawn up which shows what class they are in and their IEP goals for each class. Thus they could be integrated into PE - which IEP goals are we focussing on.

Specific objectives to work on each class are on a clipboard with the question - Has this objective been met? Yes No

If yes the SEA is to attach documentation showing that it has been. (Test, note from classroom teacher, photo etc.

If no - SEA is to record level of performance and plans on how to keep working towards objective.

If student did not work on IEP goals that class SEA is to note why as well. It could be that particular class is not the right match for those objectives.

I also use hanging file folders to keep documentation together.

I run a Functional Skills program so I teach a lot of the students myself. For these classes I draw up a rating scale based on an IEP which most students have. This 1-7 rating scale shows whether a skills is Emerging, Developing or Mastered. I include examples of what the skill looks like at each level. I have found that parents really like this type of documentation.

A great website which shows how to do this is -
http://www.integratingstandards.org/dcd/index.html

Hope this helps.

Jan
EJS

EJS

Goal Tracking Sheets
Old 10-24-2005, 11:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Hello -
As far as documention of goals go, I do two things. First I keep a portfolio on each students i put work that shows if they are mastering/not mastering there goals. I also made what I call a goal tracking sheet on a word document. On the top of the page I put the goal. Then I have three charts underneath the goal, each chart has one of the goal objective underneath it. Each chart has two columns. One for the assignment/activity, the other for the grade (either % correct or number of correction out of total). This has been helpful because then at an IEP meeting I can show a parent one of the objectives with the % of each assigment that pertained to that objective. It is a good visual way to see progress not only for the parents, but also for me when I am updating the goals. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Editor; 03-08-2011 at 10:24 AM..