Got a call from a "sub friend" that never hung out with me nor picked up her calls - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Substitute Teachers

Got a call from a "sub friend" that never hung out with me nor picked up her calls

>

Beethechange

Got a call from a "sub friend" that never hung out with me nor picked up her calls
Old 09-01-2012, 06:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Ok so since Sep 2011 I thought I became close to this sub lady and thought she could be a g/f to hang out with this summer. We exchanged numbers and ever since September we chatted for hours about our sub stories. But since the last day of school,I called constantly and I either left messages or the phone was busy. Anyway I figured she just went away to see her family. Well it turns out she called me yesterday. I did not pick up her call but decided to call back because for whatever reason I wanted to know whatever happened. I told her I was glad she called back and wondered why she never bothered to respond to my messages. Her answer was " oh because I was too busy. " Right there and then I realized she was not interested in taking our co worker relationship further. I was sort of annoyed because the only reason she was calling because school is starting again. I let her chat for like an hour in which I told her that since June i Was sick, and had a miserable summer. Now that I think back, I shouldn't of bothered to give her my summer recap but there I go again being too needy to bond with someone in my sub situation. At the end of our call all I said was "well thanks for calling and hopefully you will call back when YOU can" and she responded "Oh I will". Later on that day I figured who am I kidding, this woman just needs me for information and that's it. Why did I allow myself to chat with this person for an hour. I guess part of me needs to hear someone else who is miserable but a huge part of me is sick of it.

Has this ever happened to you?

Beethechange is offline   Reply With Quote

subczy

pov
Old 09-01-2012, 08:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

She is a work friend. Leave it at that. Chit chat if she is around about whatever and seek friendships outside of work. Sorry your.summer sucked.
subczy is offline   Reply With Quote

WIBadgerFan

Yes
Old 09-02-2012, 05:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I met someone subbing and the only time I ever heard from her to get together was if the needed something. The one time she asked me to do something I was excited. The next message was asking, that since I was going to be with them anyway could I watch her kid later that day while the did something. Later I was "invited" to a party which she needed my help with setting up/getting things. I never actually got an invite or told what time it was until the day of the party because I was again helping get things. At that time I decided I was done. I will answer some texts, but never ones asking me to do things for her. I was sick of being used. I hadn't seen her since the party last summer, yet this summer here she was texting me again to help get ready for it again. I just ignored the message.
WIBadgerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

cannohara

I agree with subczy
Old 09-02-2012, 09:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I haven't experienced this, but it sounds like you do not need her kind of energy.

Sorry you summer sucked...mine did too
cannohara is offline   Reply With Quote