Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Fifth wheel RV and motorhome

>

bGracie

Fifth wheel RV and motorhome
Old 06-30-2019, 03:11 PM

I saw someone mention something related to this in another thread, but what is the difference between a fifth wheel RV and a motorhome?

bGracie is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 06-30-2019, 03:18 PM

I believe a fifth wheel attaches to your pickup and a motorhome is something you drive. So an RV you drive (and you'er in the same part where the beds are when you're driving) is a motorhome, and a fifth wheel is a trailer that usually hooks into the pickup bed of a truck.

Here's a link with some "pros/cons" of each if you're thinking of getting one or the other https://www.your-rv-lifestyle.com/mo...s-fifth-wheel/
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

bGracie

Old 06-30-2019, 03:25 PM

Thanks for the info! I'm not actually thinking of getting one. I just think they look really cool. I've even been watching videos about them just for the fun of it.
bGracie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sam5

Old 06-30-2019, 03:45 PM

It was me who mentioned them. GraceKrispy is right about the difference between them. When we retired, we sold our home and most of its contents. We bought a fifth wheel (we already had a truck). We knew when we bought it that it was a "starter" RV for us. We didn't want to spend a ton of money on an RV until we had experienced the lifestyle. We traveled with the fifth wheel for two years, but now felt we were ready to buy something different. The biggest reason was I missed having a car that was easy for me to drive. I could drive the pickup truck but I never enjoyed it and never felt comfortable driving it in strange to me areas and I hated parking it. We bought a slightly used motorhome so we now have a motorhome with a small car towed behind it.
Sam5 is offline   Reply With Quote

TheGr8Catsby

Old 06-30-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I'm not actually thinking of getting one. I just think they look really cool. I've even been watching videos about them just for the fun of it.
Me too. I've been watching video tours of them knowing I don't like going outside.

TheGr8Catsby is offline   Reply With Quote