I hate people. But not the people of PT. You all have one quality making you great. - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

I hate people. But not the people of PT. You all have one quality making you great.

>

Hifiman

I hate people. But not the people of PT. You all have one quality making you great.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:56 PM

It's not that you listen to gripes or problems of others and respond without laughing (but c'mon, most of the time you have to really hold back, right?). It's not that you freely share your wisdom to other teachers so that they too can be awesome teachers. Some of you talk about exercising and even camping. That's alright, I assume you're still okay. Okayish. No, the best part is that you really only exist on a website or a few on FB or the Words with Friends thing. I can deal with all that because online I can mostly fake being nice - for short periods of time. Real life, not so much.

We went to Universal Studios today. The drive up was fine, which was a miracle in itself. But once we got to the park and had to coexist with others. Lining up waiting to get into the park was where the problem started. The partial family in line ahead of us was partial because several had scattered to the wind before the gates opened. The father was busily calling people on the phone and trying to wave them over. What he wouldn't do was let us by him. He blocked the entrance. I was calm at the time and tolerated him being a dick, but it would have been different if our paths had crossed after the first ride. I was done with people by then.

We went on the Simpsons ride and rode with a largish group of middle school kids and two adults. Kids were excited. That's fine. They should be. But one adult was stupid crazy. She was loud. Really loud. Seated next to me on the ride in a small enclosed space loud. She kept asking the kids really dumb loud questions while the instructions and back story were being given. And during the ride she laughed loudly at everything. EVERY DUMB THING - in my ear. She was British too. You know I've never had a bad thing to say about British people. They seem so polite and intelligent. I think it's all about the accent. Well, now I hate them all. Pip, pip, cheerio right up your a$$! Okay, maybe I should calm down on that one.

The rest of the park was the usual thing. People who stand in the way. People who won't move out of the way. And people unaware that they have a backpack twice their own width who suddenly stop and turn around and smack the hell out of you with them. I admit I had a few occasions where people couldn't care less that they they were doing any of this and I had to say something. No responses.

I think the worst part was the diet thing. Food choices, right? The problem was sugar. Really the absence of sugar. You can't separate a guy from the love of his life AND put him in a crowd of rude people. Seriously, I should get props for not necessitating the need for SWAT to be called out.

Hifiman is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 07-15-2019, 05:00 PM

Iíve seriously holed up in my house like itís the apocalypse this summer because I canít handle people.

I donít know how you handled all those people and no sugar. I couldnít have done it without committing murder. I applaud your self control.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

bookgeek59

Old 07-15-2019, 06:16 PM

No sugar AND people?! Hifi, you are a brave, brave man. I spend 2 or 3 days in a row at home each summer to avoid people. Not you, Oh Brave and Noble Hifi. You sir met it head on.
bookgeek59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Too peopley outside
Old 07-15-2019, 06:20 PM

I just called the pope and nominated you for sainthood. On of the requirements is that you performed a miracle. Keeping your cool was a miracle.

As i get older, I find less and less patience with keeping my mouth shut when people are rude and clueless.

I went to an outdoor music in the park last week. One man stood the entire time and had his back to the stage, talking to friends, the ENTIRE TIME. He was far enough away my family was able to hold me back.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 07-15-2019, 06:28 PM

DH & I have stayed home a lot. We get over-peopled easily.

Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

annie_g

Old 07-15-2019, 07:01 PM

You are a very brave man!
annie_g is online now   Reply With Quote

WestCoastTch

Sugar.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:12 PM

I was so smug rolling my eyes (on the inside) at the $15 price tag for a Modelo tall boy at Universal. By 10:30 am, I was asking my husband, "just curious," if he had any cash on him. $15, to be exact.
WestCoastTch is offline   Reply With Quote

2teach2

Still laughing
Old 07-15-2019, 09:14 PM

at the 'pip pip, cheerio' comment! But seriously, manners have become a lost art. Nobody seems to look out for others. I cannot take my DH to places like that. SWAT probably WOULD have to be called if he were in those situations.....and he hasn't sworn off sugar!
2teach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

travelingfar

Old 07-16-2019, 01:36 AM

I get it. I hate people too.
travelingfar is offline   Reply With Quote

CatLove

Hifi
Old 07-16-2019, 04:30 AM

You nailed it as usual!

CatLove is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 07-16-2019, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Some of you talk about exercising and even camping. That's alright, I assume you're still okay. Okayish.
Hey Hifi...guess where there are very few people?
Zia is online now   Reply With Quote

Claire

Old 07-16-2019, 05:59 AM

I understand. I feel exactly the same way.

Zia, good point.
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote

roo

Old 07-16-2019, 06:01 AM

I just don't get how some people enjoy being in crowds and going to places where people congregate. I made the mistake of going to the grocery last Saturday morning & I thought I was going to hurt someone. Too many people just randomly stopping & blocking me, people running over my toes in their motorized shopping carts, opening their car doors as I'm pulling in to a parking space...I could feel my blood pressure escalating.
I'm impressed that you held it together. If it weren't for my friend caffeine, I think I would have lost it.
roo is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 07-16-2019, 06:28 AM

I love it!

I had a verbal spat with a man on the trail yesterday. No, it is not okay to let your two large dogs run up ahead of you on the trail and jump all over me because they are "friendly." He didn't like it when I told him it wasn't very friendly of him to let them. Didn't even try to correct them.

I, too, hate people. That is why I love the woods.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

elspeech

Old 07-16-2019, 10:18 AM

I so get it. This is why I need my summers - a whole 2 1/2 months where I can avoid people and crowds. It's also why I work with kids. I expect stupid an inane from kids and have extreme patience with them. Give me adults who should know better and I can feel my blood pressure going through the roof.
elspeech is offline   Reply With Quote

sportsmom88

This was on my Facebook page.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:35 AM

Thought this was perfect.
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
sportsmom88 is offline   Reply With Quote

bandmom

Old 07-16-2019, 11:35 AM

My BIL maintains that if aliens from another planet landed in an amusement park in the middle of summer and watched people stand in long lines for a 2 minute ride, they would get back on their spaceship, return to the home planet, and report there is no intelligent life on Earth.
bandmom is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 07-16-2019, 12:43 PM

You are very brave indeed, especially dealing with people in all this heat and something you people from CA probably aren't used to....humidity!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

juliet4

People
Old 07-16-2019, 01:09 PM

And this is why I will NEVER go to any Disney park. Pay money to be annoyed. No thanks. Nature, cities, hiking, foreign countries, yes. No cruises either...yuck. Too many people.
juliet4 is online now   Reply With Quote

Hifiman

I loved the responses and now I have to admit
Old 07-16-2019, 01:30 PM

that I have to rethink my whole stance on nature. I don't know why I didn't see it before, but I need to be where people aren't.
Hifiman is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 07-16-2019, 05:30 PM

Ugh, I hate people, too! I love being able to hide away in my house.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Ruby tunes

Large crowds
Old 07-16-2019, 09:26 PM

I try to avoid them as much as possible. And I sure don't want to pay to be annoyed or stand in endless lines!
If the theme park security guards weren't called to restrain you, you deserve a medal!
Ruby tunes is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 07-17-2019, 05:46 AM

I like people and enjoy socializing however I don't enjoy crowded noisy restaurants. I am not sure why but it may have to do with the compact nature of the sounds. Noise at Disneyland is a happy noise and I enjoy seeing everyone so happy. My most ideal vacation though is the peace and quiet of a forest.
anna is offline   Reply With Quote