Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Rudness poll

>

tctrojan

Rudness poll
Old 07-19-2019, 05:39 PM

What is the rudest thing you have seen someone do recently. Here is mine: At a local grocery store a woman had traffic backed up waiting for a parking place. She wanted to turn right down the lot. Since she was stopped no one could go that direction, or leave from the other rows since cars were stopped behind her. There were probably about 10 people who could not move. I get not wanting to walk too far, but there were places about six cars down from where she wanted to park. My husband got out of the car and asked her to move. She refused. That is a big number of people to inconvenience to avoid walking. The weather was not too hot or cold either.

tctrojan is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 07-19-2019, 05:48 PM

Rude behavior: parking across the sidewalk, partly in the driveway & partly in the street. The sidewalk may be in front of your house, but it is for everyone to WALK on.
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

Hifiman

Old 07-19-2019, 06:31 PM

Parking partly on the sidewalk. I'm sure I have done that many times in my life. It never occurred to me it was an issue. I'll have to rethink that one.
Hifiman is offline   Reply With Quote

UVAgrl928

Old 07-19-2019, 07:26 PM

Someone saying that they're too good to work at a low income school, and all the teachers are just jealous of her because they don't have as much money.
UVAgrl928 is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 07-19-2019, 07:27 PM

Someone stole a kidney table from another teacher's classroom.

Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

seenthelight

Old 07-19-2019, 07:31 PM

Zia, you beat me to it. 🤣🤣🤣
seenthelight is offline   Reply With Quote

Beach Glass

tctrojan...
Old 07-19-2019, 07:31 PM

You described our Costco parking lot to a T!

Waiting until someone finishes packing the car, back up and leave forces a huge traffic jam.

Yes - one of the rudest experiences!

Last edited by Beach Glass; 07-20-2019 at 04:46 AM..
Beach Glass is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 07-19-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Parking partly on the sidewalk. I'm sure I have done that many times in my life. It never occurred to me it was an issue. I'll have to rethink that one.
Hifi, itís not something I get excited about, I can easily walk around, but Iíd dislike it if my child were walking on the sidewalk and had to choose between walking in someoneís driveway or the street. I also dislike bicycles on the sidewalk when thereís a dedicated bike lane right next to it. But hey, Iím just a walker and vehicles win every time.

Shelby3

I'm laughing
Old 07-19-2019, 07:53 PM

at Zia's response.

We live close to a Costco known to our friends as Bad Costco because it's the closest to a Nationally Known Senior Retirement Community. In our house we call it a Senior Activity Center because the seniors gather their carts in a circle and have a chat in the middle of an aisle. Frequently it's by a freebie tasting counter. They act as if they've gathered on a neighbor's patio for coffee. They will not budge for love or free oxycodin. Outside the lines at the gas pumps are very long and the antics we've witnessed at the pumps are very sad and strange. The parking lot is a car rodeo. It's worth our while to travel farther to Good Costco for gas and whatever.
Shelby3 is offline   Reply With Quote

letsgomets

People
Old 07-19-2019, 07:54 PM

texting at a traffic light long enough for one whole cycle to go through. I was lucky enough to be able to get around them (2 lanes, no less). The poor sap directly behind was stuck though.

I just honk now. Yes, I am that person honking at you texting at the light. It's from being cranky I guess.

letsgomets is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 07-19-2019, 08:22 PM

Teachers who bring their Ugg boots, books, and iPhones to school and make me feel sad about how poor and desolate I am.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Hifiman

I get it Amiga
Old 07-19-2019, 08:42 PM

I just never thought about it before.

cvt

parking on sidewalk
Old 07-19-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
parking across the sidewalk, partly in the driveway & partly in the street. The sidewalk may be in front of your house, but it is for everyone to WALK on.
amiga, this is actually against the law where we live. People can get tickets for doing so. I read a whole thread on NextDoor about it with people complaining about receiving tickets. And yes, it is rude.

Zia, I see what you did there.
cvt is offline   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 07-20-2019, 03:50 AM

I don't get how you can park partly ON a sidewalk. Ours are about 6 inches ( ?) higher than the road. I'm having trouble picturing that ( or maybe they start by pulling in where the end of a driveway is so they can get up on it?)

It's early and super muggy and my iced coffee hasn't fully kicked in yet!
twinmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote

JenInWV

Old 07-20-2019, 04:14 AM

I saw the rudest thing at Chik-Fil-A recently! There was a line for the ladies' room. I was behind a woman who had 2 kids -- one was probably 8 or 9 and the other looked to be around 12. (They were not toddlers or preschoolers who would need the restroom immediately).

Anyway, an employee who very obviously had an intellectual disability came up to the line and said that they were out of toilet paper in the bathroom and that he needed to get in to put some more out. Well, the woman looked and said there was one more person in the restroom and then he could go.

But! When the last person left the restroom, the woman grabbed both of her girls and pushed in front of the man. She told him he could wait until she was done!

I guess I could have pushed in front of him too, but he was obviously just trying to do his job, so I waited. The lady and her kids left the restroom and the man went in to fix the toilet paper situation.

Then, the manager came by to fuss at him for taking so long. I spoke up and said that it was not his fault, that someone pushed in front of him, and that he was only trying to do his job. I am not sure if the manager believed me, but I really hope that he did not get in trouble at work because of someone's rudeness.
JenInWV is offline   Reply With Quote

choppie70

Old 07-20-2019, 05:01 AM

We have 4 self check outs at the grocery store. People usually stand back and wait in one line and then move to the first check out that is open.

We have a lot of out of town people here this weekend due to parent day at Camp Laurel. Yesterday, two different women jumped the line and when they were kindly told about the line, they ignored the person and just checked out. One of the women just put up her hand when a worker said something.
choppie70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Claire

Old 07-20-2019, 05:25 AM

I'm trying to think of it. I'm lucky I think we're pretty nice here in TX. It is usually far between rude incidents I see.

We have a club soccer tourney today. I'm sure I will have rude opposing parent stories.
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote

anonymouse

Target and the grocery store
Old 07-20-2019, 05:27 AM

What is the deal with bringing your pets into Target and the grocery store? I've seen this about multiple times in the past couple of months. I am not talking about service animals that wear a harness and are there to help a person with a disability. I am talking about people who put tiny dogs into the child seat in the cart. I even saw a woman put a big dog in the part of the cart where you put your groceries. It has gotten so bad that my grocery store has put up a sign on the front door prohibiting pets that are not service animals. I've spoken to employees at the store when I see this but it keeps happening. It's disgusting to put your pet into the cart where other people put their groceries. It's so rude. Some people think the rules don't apply to them.
anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote

javamomma

Rude
Old 07-20-2019, 05:34 AM

Pulling into or blocking an intersection at a red light. Then when my light is green I canít go
javamomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Hifiman

twin mom
Old 07-20-2019, 05:57 AM

At least out here the sidewalks go across the driveway of people's homes so in that area the sidewalk comes down to street level.

chipmunky

Maybe rude, maybe insane...
Old 07-20-2019, 05:57 AM

In Costco parking lot both parking spaces,one behind the other, were free, so my DH pulled in and drove all the way through to the parking space where his car would be facing the aisle so he would not have to back out. His vehicle is large and people don't watch were they are walking. A woman took the parking space he left in back of his car. She got out and shook her finger at him and yelled, you took the space I wanted! I wanted that space and NOT this space!
*me: don't reply, no eye contact, keep walking and walk away fast. This gal ain't right"

Our Costco must be different than some other parking lots, there are always tons of places to park even at peak times.
chipmunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 07-20-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Iíd dislike it if my child were walking on the sidewalk and had to choose between walking in someoneís driveway or the street.
What's the issue with going around a car via the drive way? I understand not going in the street....
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

cvt

sidewalk
Old 07-20-2019, 07:13 AM

More rude behavior: parking the ubiquitous electric scooters right in the middle of the sidewalk so nobody can walk past them. I am able-bodied, and will move them parallel to the sidewalk to open up a path for those who are not as lucky, but for someone in a wheelchair, or someone pushing a stroller, they are unnecessary obstacles.

Quote:
What's the issue with going around a car via the drive way?
I should take some photos of the particular situations where I think it is very difficult, especially for disabled people, to have to go onto the often steep driveway when it would have been simple for the car owner to park the car completely on the driveway.
cvt is offline   Reply With Quote

sonoma

Old 07-20-2019, 08:07 AM

Itís difficult to keep your balance on the grass if you use a cane walker or wheelchair
sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 07-20-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
What's the issue with going around a car via the drive way?
In addition to cvtís explanation:
1. Legal implications of going onto someoneís property without permission.
2. Paranoia from too many episodes of Criminal Mindsóit would be easy to snatch a kid while the car is blocking the view from the street.

LazyLake

Old 07-20-2019, 11:50 AM

Someone so into "me, me, me" that he/she neglects to show respect for the very, elderly. I'm referring to the elderly where it's very obvious that they are having trouble.

Not holding the door open for an elderly person who is trying to enter or exit a store. Not helping an elderly person get a grocery cart that is stuck to the others. Rushing to cut in line in front of an elderly person who is walking up to the check out line. I've seen all of the above this past month.
LazyLake is offline   Reply With Quote

KT_203

Old 07-21-2019, 12:33 PM

I was bringing my elderly grandfather food shopping recently ( to give my own mom a break since she usually does it) and I pulled over into the fire lane ( I know I know) just to let him out near the door. ( I then go and park and meet him inside so he doesnít have to walk as far) It was windy so he couldnít open his door so I jumped out and ran around to his side to open the door for him leaving the car running bc I was RIGHT THERE. A woman pulled up. Watched me helping an elderly person w a cane no less in a windstorm and rolls down her window to scream at me and tell me what an @$$hole Iím being. Now. I know Iím not supposed to park in a fire lane. But seriously?! Was that necessary?btw I was in no way obstructing traffic or anything.

this food store has a lot of elderly people who shop at it and personally I think they need an elderly drop off area to eliminate this situation.
KT_203 is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

Rude
Old 07-21-2019, 01:15 PM

I was at a conference recently and a teacher stood up in front of me (and everyone behind me) to watch a presentation. No thoughts to the fact that others were behind her and couldn't see.
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote