Help

Teacher News & Opinion

Florida teachers!!

>

chalk4me

Florida teachers!!
Old 03-27-2018, 08:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

The house bill 7055 has now passed., this is BAD news for Florida teachers. Starting July 1, 2018 any district that does not have 50% members in their teacher Union, the Union will be dissolved. If you think conditions are bad now... try it without a Union. Everyone, get every member of your school to join. I am in MIAMI- DADE District. We need everyone to boost the Florida Senators out of our lives. 1. Get every substitute you can ., to join. They can join for $1.00, for an entire fiscal year. Sign them up, talk to your Union Stewards for help. 2. Get every new teacher intern to sign up... their salaries will only stay strong if we keep our union... 3. Get everyone of your co-workers to join. Workers need power, and teachers need their unions.... hurry... We dont want to turn out like Wisconsin Public schools who were stripped of all their unions and bargaining rights. Luisiana also has no more public schools. Watch these slippery senators, they are pulling the public schools out from underneath us. VOTE THEM OUT. DO NOT VOTE FOR RICK SCOTT for us senate,, he will ruin the public schools more. Watch out, most of the republicans are against public schools. 1. JOIN YOUR SCHOOL UNION NOW. The cost will be minimal compared to what it will cost when they take away your Union. 2. VOTE out all legislators who are against breaking down the public schools. Let's help each other...

chalk4me is offline   Reply With Quote

apple annie

Old 03-27-2018, 06:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I teach in Louisiana. We have public schools.
Maybe you are referring to the New Orleans Recovery District? I think New Orleans is almost all charter or private. The rest of Louisiana has many public schools.
apple annie is offline   Reply With Quote

chalk4me

Old 03-28-2018, 07:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Oh, thank you so much for clearing that information. I was told wrong by a steward at my school. we're a little in a panic here with this new law, and sorry about that. Even with all of N.O. being charters, that is a concern to me., but I'm glad it's not the entire state. We have to watch these Senators, they will pull it from under us, they want to get rid of the public system, and only for their own greed..., to have access to all the retire system. They DONT need that money, they can pull it from other sources, as far as I'm concerned. Teachers are just as much public servants as they are, as fire and police & corrections are. If they're going to break one system, they should break them all, and make everyone share. Picking just the teachers, is a form of discrimination, and I wish more teachers would sue them for this.
chalk4me is offline   Reply With Quote

apple annie

Agreed!
Old 03-29-2018, 04:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I agree with all you said!
apple annie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tulips

Bad news for FL teachers
Old 04-04-2018, 09:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I agree with you, this is really bad news for teachers in Florida. There are many people who will opt out of the union because they don't/won't have the foresight to know how bad it can be without a union. Some won't want to pay the union fees and some won't realize that unions matter.
I hope everyone's eyes are open.

Dee

Tulips is offline   Reply With Quote