Help

Substitute Teachers

Aesop Timing

>

Lakeside

Aesop Timing
Old 12-09-2009, 03:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My main district just got Aesop this year, and though I thought I would like it, I'm actually working much less than last year, and the school I want the most (same hours as my son) is almost never out there!

So, if I'm not your direct competition (I'm in southeastern MA) - when is the secret time to be on that system to get the jobs???

Lakeside is offline   Reply With Quote

GTG

GTG

System help tips
Old 12-09-2009, 09:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Where I am we have Subfinder.

Check between 4 and 6 AM.

Check between 2 and 12 Midnight Sunday night.

Check between 8 and 4 PM weekdays

This system is really delayed, even when you are requested--you do not see the job until much later.

Be visible and look for opportunities to network with other staff members.

Do not quit looking.

Hope this helps...............
subczy

subczy

we have aesop too only...
Old 12-09-2009, 03:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

some of our dist buildings opt not to use it unless they are desperate and even then they'd rather have an aid fresh out of school then some of our dist sorry subs. Sorry, I know that's harsh but that is what they have told me. you also have to have an "in" at those buildings b/c they are small schools and tend to go w/ people they know personally or parents of kdis who attend (can you say small town??) So in those you have to go personally and introduce yourself.

As for the prgm. You just have to babysit it. Also, ask if they have jobulator. WE just got it and there isn't a job on aesop to be had. All semester I have only pulled off one job. Even if I had jobulator i am not at my computer to hear it ding, esp if I am working! Luckily I had enough teachers who have liked me to keep me working this year w/o it, but w/ the increase in subs we have had this year (which is crazy amt) I have been working less and have to get rather aggresive (for me) in finding jobs in person.

Good luck and work on building your reputation - that will get you far, with or without aesop.

Smiling Sub

Aesop
Old 12-09-2009, 05:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I don't think there is a secret time to be on AESOP but if your district (in PA) is anything like mine, the jobs go quickly. Yesterday, I was sitting at my computer and watched two jobs disappear while I was trying to get them... I guess I didn't click fast enough

I keep my laptop running all day when I am home and check for jobs. It gets a little frustrating but what can you do?

As another Poster said, sometimes reputation is the key. I have a few teachers that call me when they know they are going to be absent and I am just magically added to AESOP when I tell them I am available

Today, I was in for a fourth grade teacher and at the end of the day, another teacher came in and asked me if I could work for her (5 day assignment!!!). I was in her class briefly earlier this year but mainly she was looking for someone she could get to do all five days. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. We went to the office and the admin entered me into AESOP.

Well, back to stalking AESOP for a job for tomorrow!
Smiling Sub is offline   Reply With Quote

Sublime

desperate?
Old 12-09-2009, 07:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

If you're willing, and you wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, log onto AESOP and check. It hasn't happened a lot, but maybe 3 times I've gotten jobs at those wee hours of the night.

Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote