Help

The VENT

Tomorrow is day 9 of the new school year and

>

OrganizedPup

Tomorrow is day 9 of the new school year and
Old 08-18-2019, 04:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I already dread going back on Mondays. Iím already tired of getting a bunch of crap dumped on my plate because the principalís BFF doesnít want to work.

I want out but a) donít know what else Iíd do bc I want our of education b) I like my summers ďoffĒ c) I like my insurance.

Putting my big girl panties on and dealing with it ... for now.

OrganizedPup is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 08-18-2019, 04:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm just putting this out there because I know how you feel. Around here, there are still school districts hiring. It's not too late to find a job in another district.

Barring that, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I had a horrible 3 years. I hope you can at least survive this year and perhaps find a better situation next year.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

checkerjane

Old 08-18-2019, 04:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I feel you. Iím already done with this and dreading Mondays also. I have eight annual IEPs due in September, a re-eval and annual by next Friday, and six initials by October 1st. I want to sit in the corner and cry.

Getting a different career isnít feasible for a variety of reasons. Iím just crossing everything and praying I get back into gen ed next year either where I am or another district.
checkerjane is online now   Reply With Quote

elspeech

Old 08-18-2019, 05:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Quote:
I have eight annual IEPs due in September, a re-eval and annual by next Friday, and six initials by October 1st. I want to sit in the corner and cry.
This is crazy! How are you supposed to do this, especially if any of the students are new? I our district we are expected to have all September / early October IEPs and evals done prior to the end of the year just to avoid this. Even if you start earlier than we do (we start the Tuesday after Labor Day), you've barely gotten to know the students and where they are functioning.
elspeech is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 08-18-2019, 05:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I wish I had more advice for you. I have to admit, I truly value my summers off and having the vacation schedule we do. (Seems superficial to admit but I really enjoy the time I get to spend with DD, traveling and relaxing at home.) I know it can be hard to get good insurance too.
If there's any chance that our frustrations are circumstantial and specific to your school, I'll echo GG and say our school system has openings too. It might make things a bit better.

cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

checkerjane

Old 08-18-2019, 06:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Quote:
This is crazy! How are you supposed to do this, especially if any of the students are new? I our district we are expected to have all September / early October IEPs and evals done prior to the end of the year just to avoid this. Even if you start earlier than we do (we start the Tuesday after Labor Day), you've barely gotten to know the students and where they are functioning.
Iím going to feel weird doing it, but I have an extra para on Monday and Tuesday because a kiddo is gone to therapy those two days. Sheís going to be doing a lot with my pull out kids. I refuse to spend evenings and weekends to get this done. Not. Happening.

Last year at this time, I basically worked every Saturday and every evening after my son went to bed. Iím not doing it this year. My district wants kids qualified by the Child Count deadline of October 1st for funding purposes. So that always results in a hellacious August and September.
checkerjane is online now   Reply With Quote

elspeech

Old 08-21-2019, 02:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Quote:
My district wants kids qualified by the Child Count deadline of October 1st for funding purposes.
That is a large part of the reason we do our Sept. / October IEPs in Spring.
elspeech is offline   Reply With Quote