Help

Substitute Teachers

Eeekkkkk!!!!!! Ms?!?

>

thordau4

Eeekkkkk!!!!!! Ms?!?
Old 12-03-2009, 06:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Yesterday I didn't work. A job that came up was claimed by another sub while I sat here thinking about if I wanted to do it. So this morning I came to my computer resolving to be prompt about accepting a job. So when a job came up, I quickly checked for full day and subject and accepted it. I thought it was the HS.... I went back and checked 1/2 hour later and realized it's the MIDDLE SCHOOL. - the capital of disruptive questions and non-stop arguments. (and, not the capital of good personal hygiene and deoderant use!) The good news is that I will get an opportunity to practice my strategies that I outlined in another post. Wish me luck - - and if I survive, I will let you know how my strategies worked! - now I gotta go review!

thordau4 is offline   Reply With Quote

MissESL

Old 12-03-2009, 08:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Good Luck...I bet it'll go alright. Better have a job and some pay than miss out right?! :-D
MissESL is offline   Reply With Quote

yoohoo

Old 12-03-2009, 02:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

MS and their growing minds and bodies YEESSHH!!! It doesn't help when they skirt the line of nastiness (not outright rude enough to be thrown out but rude nonetheless)...I had a bad day like that ---acutally, it was 1 student out of a class of 19!!! He couldn't keep his mouth shut...it was always something or another....so the whole class ended up doing their assginments individually and quietly (so sad, knowing that all the other classes got to work with their friends)
yoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote

lovetosub

Maybe I'm just weird
Old 12-03-2009, 03:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

but I find MS fun. Okay, okay, okay. I can deal with the questionable hygiene, the disruptive students, the question authority attitude, the lack of impulse control, the girls who only think about boys, the boys who only think about ...., etc., etc., etc.. But like today, I had some tough classes. Kids were too talkative; I had to stand there, doing my "I'll wait" pose, but the disruptive kids got talked to by the quiet (good) kids, and while they never settled down completely, I enjoyed them none the less. We were able to finish most of the lesson (first period with a TA didn't get as far as I did solo, so there), and we had some hysterical moments. My classroom management is fairly flexible, but I can come down hard when needed.

I had a first grade art class on Tuesday during Art Goes to School, a volunteer association I'm with. Boogers, mystery odors, coughs, runny noses, and still had the disruptive questions, lack of impulse control, and girls who only think about boys. (Scary, right?) No. Thank. You. I'll take kids who can wipe their own nose over kids who don't know how to......
lovetosub is offline   Reply With Quote

thordau4

Old 12-03-2009, 05:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I ended up having a great day! Staff was helpful, kids were fun and reasonable. sheesh, I might be a drama queen!!

thordau4 is offline   Reply With Quote