Help

Substitute Teachers

Not working today

>

Kataqueens

Not working today
Old 12-03-2009, 06:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Remember that horrible PK-8 school I subbed at with the really rude administration that took my time card? I got a call last night to sub there today, but I hung up upon hearing the name. Some people say money is money, but I would rather not have to endure a ridiculously long day and ridiculous schedule (4 classes in a row is common there with subs, which is illegal) and go home crying because of how NASTY the staff was towards me last time. The students, despite being given a bad rep by said staff, were actually not half bad, but I cannot deal with the indifferent and hostile staff.

And it's really sad, because I see a lot of potential in those "rowdy" students; once I made it clear that I supported and believed in them, they listened and did the work.

Kataqueens is offline   Reply With Quote

Smiling Sub

I agree :)
Old 12-03-2009, 06:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Kataqueen, I agree with you 100 %. There are just some teachers (and one school) that I refuse to sub for even if it means not having work that day. It's just not worth the stress! Like you said, it is not the kids that make me not want to come back, it is the staff. I think it is ridiculous that the same teachers who are teaching the kids to be respectful and courteous to everyone they meet can not do it themselves.

I am home today too, but not because of a lack of work.... I had to cancel today because I am sick...in fact I have been sick all week I hope I can work tomorrow.

Enjoy your stress free day
Smiling Sub is offline   Reply With Quote

Kataqueens

Plus...
Old 12-03-2009, 08:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

It's a beautiful day where I live; in the low 60's today. If I were at that school, I wouldn't get out until almost 3:30. In retrospect, the kids were more than halfway decent, they were great. Maybe if I get a teaching job in the fall, I'll have some of them in my class. One can only hope. =)
Kataqueens is offline   Reply With Quote

lovetosub

Doesn't it just kill you
Old 12-03-2009, 03:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

when the kids are good, or even halfway decent, and the staff is Horrible? It's like they've given up.

Maybe if I've been teaching as long as some of these teachers have been, and been exposed to the same complacency, maybe I'd be the same way.

But then I'd get out of teaching.
lovetosub is offline   Reply With Quote