Help

The VENT

Interesting... possible job opportunity

>

Violet4

Interesting... possible job opportunity
Old 08-19-2019, 03:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I wish I could say what kind of job but I'm being discreet. I would love it, it would be less money but average out to the same amount I make now (forgot to consider that I would get paid summers now).

I'm not applying until I talk to my would-be boss (happens to already be a friend) about benefits and retirement

I don't want to count my chickens before they're hatched, it might turn out this isn't the right fit but I just was wondering has anyone reading this ever left for a different job when their contract wasn't finished?

If I end up applying I'll post about it but if you hear nothing from me just assume I didn't apply.

Violet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 08-19-2019, 04:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I didnít. But one year I had a terrible year and have regretted not leaving ever since. I should have. If it works out for you and itís a good fit, go for it.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Violets2

Old 08-19-2019, 05:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I haven't but it sounds interesting for you. I have read here that others have left mid year. They all just say make sure to read your contract for any financial penalties that you may incur. Students will survive. We've had many staff changes at various times of the year. Some due to the individual teacher, others due to administration making changes. Some will say the kids never forget/get over it, but I honestly don't believe that too much. You need to do what's best for you. Perhaps my school population is different but our students aren't traumatized by their teacher leaving.

I hope it works out since I've read you're not in a good place currently.
Violets2 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Good for you...
Old 08-19-2019, 09:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I think you are doing a great job of considering the possibility of change. Benefits and retirement benefits are huge, and they are deferred compensation for the lesser salary if offered. Being able to work during the summer to make up for the lesser salary is a good thing, as well.

I have seen teachers in my district leave in the middle of their contract. Elementary teachers in my area are a dime a dozen, so it has never been a problem where the district blocked or penalized anyone that I know of.

Good luck to you.
NJ Teacher is online now   Reply With Quote

checkerjane

Old 08-19-2019, 03:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Fingers crossed this works out for you!

checkerjane is offline   Reply With Quote

bookgeek59

Old 08-19-2019, 04:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I hope this works out for you. Please cover yourself by finding out any consequences re: your teaching contract, lincensure (some states will cancel your teaching license for breaking contract),insurance, retirement/pension if you're breaking contract or leaving your district completely.
bookgeek59 is offline   Reply With Quote